Update on Luna

Moderator: Mods

WickedOne

Update on Luna

Post by WickedOne »

I am a very happy bird mama! Luna is now past her bluffing stage, and we are doing great! She comes out of her cage ready to play, she gets a good scratching on her head and under her wings, then she rides around happily on my shoulder. We're working on peekaboo and a bath in the sink, but her routine consists of time with me and helping me feed the other birds (she tries to climb into the food bin likes it's a buffet!), and then a piece of yummy fruit before bed.
I am so happy with my little girl. She is doing great and a perfect companion bird for me. She is a bit spoiled, but all my pets are. I'm going to start making her a nice play gym soon.
Thanks to everyone here for your information and helpful hints! I'll post more pictures of her soon, when her feet are no longer blue (she dunks her wood toys into water and then proceeds to paint herself with her "watercolors").
Azure

Re: Update on Luna

Post by Azure »

That is great! Its a relief to pass buffing for any IRN owners :lol:
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
WickedOne

Re: Update on Luna

Post by WickedOne »

Yeah it's a big relief. I just wish she wouldn't punch holes in my shirt if she is cranky. Any tips on how to break her of that habit? She doesn't always do it, just if she is irritated. She just put five new holes into an already ruined long sleeve shirt I wear under my scrubs, so she got put to hed early for the night. I don't want her to ruin any more shirts, but I know not to wear any shirt I may be fond of because it may be chewed to pieces.