Hello from Nova Scotia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

komondorannie

Hello from Nova Scotia

Post by komondorannie »

Hi everyone, This is my first time on any forum, so it is rather exciting. I am currently looking to adopt an IRN, and I am having a problem as there are no breeders in Nova Scotia. The IRN's here are found only in pet stores, and I cannot support a pet store. I do have my name on lists to adopt, so I do hope in the near future that I will get lucky to offer a loving home to a IRN. I have parrot experience and currently own 2 quakers and a timneh who i have adopted.
I am recently disabled so I am home 24/7. I have to say that my birds are the light of my life. We actually sing while we clean out cages. I am a bit of a clean nut when it comes to housing, but all the fids do appreciate that. I feed zupreem, and also depending of fid, I feed fruit, nuts, and some seed. Kraft dinner and peanut butter are a hit for special snacks here as well. All the fids have a training session a day, and cuddles. I feel blessed to have such wonderful fids who have all been rehomed and are well adjusted and living in a happy flock. I feel a queen with 3 wee angels. I hope to hear from you all in the future, especially when I do have a new baby to introduce to my flock.
Thanks to you all and bright blessings for 2012.
Annie
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Nova Scotia

Post by ringneck »

Hey Annie!

I hope you get your little flock addition this year! That would be great! Make sure to do a search in our adoption section as there might be a ringneck that needs re-homing! I commend you for doing research now so you know what to expect!

These parrots are my favorite and I have worked with many parrot species! I know you’re in for a real treat! They are not for everyone but they are so darn smart, lovable, and they have so much spunk! :)

Welcome to our ringneck family!

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IRMAN-C