New ringneck person & owner from NZ!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

MystikNZ

New ringneck person & owner from NZ!

Post by MystikNZ »

Hiya everyone :)

I'm steph from New Zealand, I found you guys by everytime I google something comes up from the site :)

I aquired my ringneck yesterday it's 7 weeks old I think, waiting conformation on actual birthdate.
it's a grey baby unsure on gender.

could someone please tell me safe woods for ringnecks i'm having trouble finding anyone on google & am reading conflicting information :( that stone fruit wood is not okay for birds but then another place says plum is fine?? & apple is fine too yes?
We are a wee poser! hmm it won't let me post a photo.. too spammy for a new user?

thanks!
Steph & Ash
Steph & "Ash" - Nelson, New Zealand
jillybean

Re: New ringneck person & owner from NZ!

Post by jillybean »

Hi there, I am also in NZ my ring necks are in an avairy made of pine and they seem to eat that ok I hang kids building blocks in for them to chew on asuming safe for kids to chew safe for birds, and have logs of Rimu and Totra as swings and a ladder made of Beach all of which they chew for hours and all birds are fine they really love the red blocks Cheers
MystikNZ

Re: New ringneck person & owner from NZ!

Post by MystikNZ »

hi :)

Thanks for that my one isn't in a aviry, currently have a lemon branch in the cage :)
Sounds great the advice you've given tho

thanks!
Steph & "Ash" - Nelson, New Zealand