Please.....I need your help

Moderator: Mods

Maisie

Please.....I need your help

Post by Maisie »

I have a female IRN, she is 10 months old, she is with me for a month now. I take care of her like a small child. I go to work and come back by evening she is all alone in her cage for the entire day. When I come from work in the evening she look at me and roam in cage here and there and bangs her beak on the cage to tell me to open her cage, when i open she dont want to go back to her cage forcefully by 11pm i have to put inside the cage. Initially she didnt allowed me to put my hand in her cage whenever i wanted to clean her cage she used to scream, than one of my friend suggested me to wear hand gloves, when i started wearing hand gloves and clean her cage she didnt had any problem. She comes out of the cage on my hand only if i wear hand gloves or else she bites me very hard. When I say "NO" she stops but again continues, it want to make her feel safe with me. She doesnt talk at all neither makes any sound, now recently she started eating sunflower seeds from my hand, but she doesnt allow me to touch her at all. if i am wearing gloves she would come other wise she bites me.

Please as u all are experienced in handling birds its my first time, I dont know how to make her understand that i care for her so much. I dont expect from her that she should talk instantly.....i talk to her everyday 15min......with simple words....she does listens to me....but she bites me a lot....please suggest me how more to take care of her.
julie

Re: Please.....I need your help

Post by julie »

Try turning off the light,dark time means roost time. I have 6 tame birds here at the moment and they all do their best to not have to go to bed. Im a shift worker and when I come home at 6am on christmas morning my two princess bubs that i got the day before charmed their way out and then were little terrors to get back in.
Maisie

Post by Maisie »

Thank you Julie, I shall try ur suggestion.

But do you think female IRN can speak, coz I have never heard from anyone about female bird talking. and secondly should I get male IRN for her, so that she will interact with him. please suggest
julie

Post by julie »

females do talk and no I wouldnt get her a male unless you want her to be a breeder and not tame.