my ingdian ringnecks

Moderator: Mods

seefm5

my ingdian ringnecks

Post by seefm5 »

hello
i have pair of normal green ringneck i am putting them into cage 1 m x 120 cm x 80 cm and i cut the cage and i did it like two cages and i bought a new lutino breeding pair and i entered them to the cage. look to the picture to understand more:

now, the problem is that the female of the green pair scares the lutino pair that is down her does any one has any solution for this problem? i im thinking to exchange the places of the two pairs ( to put the green in the place of lutino and lutino in the place of the green pair

does this help? and what to do

note: i cant split the two cages and its too hard for me to make a new cage and i cant find any way that i put something in the cage that would be practical for me to clean the cage and..

so that do you think?
Molossus2

Re: my ingdian ringnecks

Post by Molossus2 »

It's a bad design. The upper and lower level split means that droppings from the top level will fall on the birds below and the constant presence of birds on a higher level creates a pack disorder. Can you rearrange this to a size by side design?
seefm5

Post by seefm5 »

I think this happens only when its a small cage. the problem if i turned the cage on it's side the room for the birds to fly will be smaller and it will not be comfortable for the birds. I think that if the aggressive female exist in the downer cage it wont fare the lutino birds like when she is it the top cage right?
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

what about putting paper on the upper cage's bottom?
that way, the pairs wont see each other?
:?
Eva
seefm5

Post by seefm5 »

evaleen wrote:what about putting paper on the upper cage's bottom?
that way, the pairs wont see each other?
:?
I thought like that but there is two problems the first is that the birds will chew the papers the second that when I clean the cage and remove the paper I will scare the birds too much so it wont be a practical.

I think that I would leave it like this because the birds now are not running away from the female but I am not sure if they will breed what do you think? will they?!