URGENT HELP!!! Great escape planned

Moderator: Mods

Kwagga

URGENT HELP!!! Great escape planned

Post by Kwagga »

Hi people! I need your urgent help please! My 7 week old irn suddenly discovered that his head fits through the bars of his cage - he now insists to keep on trying to fit his whole body through the bars. So, he got stuck this morning, if it was not for my partner being at home he would have been stuck with his head between the bars the entire day. He insists on being ouside his cage.

How do I stop this?? He puts on such an performance to get out! He just wants to walk around outside his cage. It is big enough for him, so it is not that space is an issue!

Maybe a behavious issue????
bec

Re: URGENT HELP!!! Great escape planned

Post by bec »

get a new cage with smaller bar spacing!!!!!!!!!!!
if he can get his head through he can hang himself
Kwagga

Post by Kwagga »

Yeah, I am trying. Unfortunately I live in a very small town with very limited choice and stock. I will have to wait until I can get to the city. In the meanwhile we have closed the cage off with some mesh wire. Hanging himself is my biggest concern!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopefulle the mesh will work.
Kwagga

Post by Kwagga »

Yipppeeeeeeeee! Just got him a new cage, now I can relax!! Much bigger cage, but with small bar spacing!
evaleen

Post by evaleen »

congrats! that should stop his suicidal spree!!! :lol:
Eva
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I'm glad you got the new cage. You may find the old cage is ok when he grows a bit bigger. Our Janey used to stick her head through the bars when she was excited & wanted to join the rest of her 'flock' but it doesn't fit any more.

I was a bit annoyed with our cage because a specifically asked the store owner about the width of the bars & getting head stuck & he brought a ringie over to demonstrate it would all be ok!

Ellie