3 eggs already

Moderator: Mods

luvalutino

3 eggs already

Post by luvalutino »

its been two weeks since i removed the eggs that did not hatch, I checked the nest last thursday and nothing- this morning I checked again- and she has 3 eggs- what a great feeling
i couldnt get over how she checked out both nesting boxes available before she decided to go back to her previous nest. If all goes to plan and she has laid 5 by the 25th - should I expect to hear little chirps by around the 24th of september- is that correct?
best regards
Martino.
Wessel Gordon

Re: 3 eggs already

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Martino,

Looks like the eggs might hatch anywhere from the 18th to the 24th.

Wessel
luvalutino

Post by luvalutino »

thanks wessel
rod038

Post by rod038 »

One of my pairs is hopefully going to lay its second clutch. They laid 5 eggs which I removed on the 14th of this month and placed under a Foster pair.

I have put down 8 pairs this year.

I now have 2 pairs setting on 5 eggs. (Foster pair and another pair on their own 4 eggs plus 1 egg I pulled from the foster pairs nest)

1 pair seems to have stopped at 3 eggs this year, She laid 4 last year.

I have 4 pairs that havent laid as yet. 2 Pairs are 1 year olds so they may not go down. 1 pair are 2 year olds and I am hoping they lay because they are Cleartails and the 3rd pair is a Mature Cock and a 2 year old hen, they were put togther later than the rest.

Its a fun time of year thats for sure.
luvalutino

Post by luvalutino »

yeah sure is...I have one pair that she is doing everything to get his attention.....she is even feeding him...he is acting hard to get... and indifferent
another pair that when they are together....they seem content... like bestmates...but neither was feeding each other. nor mating....i separated them....and put her with a different partner and him is a cage with another male .....at first she seemed interested with her new friend....but after half a day she wud always be on the opposite side of the cage to him......and seemed like she was pineing for her previous partner...he seemed lost and depressed away from her.....after 2 days i put them back together
and they seemed happy again...always together...but never feeding each other or mating- she doesnt even look at the available nest....i hope they go down...he is lutino ( red eyes)and she is pure yellow...he is 4 and she is 2years...if they dont....well hey there is alays next year...........so yeah you are right rod....fun and games
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

2 may be too young? I have a 2&a 3 year old. The 2year old has no idea about mating yet!

Ellie.
luvalutino

Post by luvalutino »

Wessel Gordon wrote:Martino,

Looks like the eggs might hatch anywhere from the 18th to the 24th.

Wessel
you were right
on sunday night the 18th i heard scratching noise inside the nest......all the ringnecks were calling out......it was starange
yesterday I looked inside whilst mum had exited to eat....and wella a little IRN chick my first.
last night the same type movement noise inside the nest...but this time the other birds werent calling out.
what I really found amazing was when i checked inside and found the chisk "dad IRN"....was calling out as if he was crying
and did so till I put the nest back in its place...these birds are amazing.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Congratulations! How exciting!

Ellie.
luvalutino

Post by luvalutino »

thanks
it is very exciting......i can get over what a loving pair these two are. he is silver and she is a
pale lime green not sure of the correct terminology for her colour ..but yeah I can wait to see what colour the chicks will be
kind regards
luvalutino

Post by luvalutino »

still only two chicks..looked at nest yesterday///one egg seems very dark so hopefull of another chick , the remaining two eggs look much lighter in colour than the dark looking one. can any one advise , if the two lighter coloured eggs dont hatch should i leave in nest or let the birds sort it out themselves.
rod038

Post by rod038 »

I would leave in the nest and remove them once the chciks get bigger and you are sure that they arent going to hatch. The last eggs usually hatch at around 24 days of being laid.
luvalutino

Post by luvalutino »

thanks rod.......
luvalutino

Post by luvalutino »

grey pin feathers on their wings.......I gues this means they will both be silver or grey ( given their father is silver)
:D