my baby is doing great :)

Moderator: Mods

DeeDeeLutino

my baby is doing great :)

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

Hi, just wanted to share my thoughts almost a month since i brough tweety home.
yes we are not very artsy with bird names, when we got him my husband mention he looks like a chicken or duck and named him tweety, our green cheek is buddy :roll:

He's doing great, i got him to eat pellets but he mostly eats them from my hand.. I offer him grapes and apples and other things but he seems to prefer dried foods, he loves dried peppers.

His eyes are getting clearer, he's been taking showers for the last week and he loves to be sprayed with water,i talk to him everyday for hours and he loves watching other birds speak in videos, he gets along well with buddy but sometimes buddy gets to annoying and tries to grab his legs and rub him/herself on tweety he's just a horny little guy/girl so i separate them when buddy gets annoying, he'll rub himself on anything ...

He mumbles a lot, today as i was speaking to him he started mumbling a lot and pinning his eyes at the same time very funny as i haven't seem him pinning eyes as he mumbles before.
he/she is only aroung 4 months so i will shock me if he actually says something lol

I love him!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
ellieelectrons

Re: my baby is doing great :)

Post by ellieelectrons »

You have a very sweet little guy there! They are sooooooo precious especially at that age.

Ellie.
ShirleyBird

Post by ShirleyBird »

Your baby is so cute! I'm so jealous, I obtained mine when they were 7 mths old, so I missed the cute wide eyed curious stage....lol...looks like I need to get another so I can experience it? Lol. Probably not anytime soon..Just wanted to say I enjoyed your pic and hope to see more! I think your name is fitting by the way, its cute and matches.
IMG_20110813_181145-1.jpg
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

ShirleyBird wrote:Your baby is so cute! I'm so jealous, I obtained mine when they were 7 mths old, so I missed the cute wide eyed curious stage....lol...looks like I need to get another so I can experience it? Lol. Probably not anytime soon..Just wanted to say I enjoyed your pic and hope to see more! I think your name is fitting by the way, its cute and matches.
Thanks!!!
this photo is actually from a few weeks ago, his eyes are getting clearer!!
today i actually heard him clear on his sleep the words pretty bird and peekaboo!!! he was sleeping! soo cute
i think he will be a great talker!
bambooozel

Post by bambooozel »

hey guys that baby is super cute alex looks just like it but green ! but alex has developed a problem lately he became very aggressive and now he bites a lot before he would let me pet him but now even if i try to give him food between the cage bars he would either take it or try to bite me any ideas how to stop it
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

bambooozel wrote:hey guys that baby is super cute alex looks just like it but green ! but alex has developed a problem lately he became very aggressive and now he bites a lot before he would let me pet him but now even if i try to give him food between the cage bars he would either take it or try to bite me any ideas how to stop it
maybe he is bluffing? how old? if he is bluffing just ignore it and it will pass :)
bambooozel

Post by bambooozel »

it does sometime but the not all the time hes 7 months old what im trying to do ball my fist and give him a shot at it