hello irn lovers :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

DeeDeeLutino

hello irn lovers :)

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

Hi all,
I have been reading the forum for a while and two weeks ago I brought my baby home, I do not know the sex and i wonder hmmm.
He/she enjoys playing with my green cheek that's around 2 years old, very crazy hyper green cheek .

He/she is 3 month old, is very quiet and still getting used to me but very very tame :)

I love them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Azure

Re: hello irn lovers :)

Post by Azure »

Hello and welcome!
Unfortunately it is very hard to tell the gender without a Dna test or surgery, but more experienced people will definetly give a guess! beautiful lutino!
have fun, learn lots and be happy with your new friend!
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

What a cutey! Great pics.

Ellie.
DeeDeeLutino

Post by DeeDeeLutino »

He/she is very sweet but protective of it's cage, when I take it out I try that he/she cannt see the cage or he'll just try to come back to it, but otherwise eats of my hand and let me rub it's head etc..
I am having a problem trying to introduce it to new foods, he/she only wants to eat a seed/nut/dried fruit mix that he/she was being fed when I brought it home.
He/she makes many sounds when I talk to him/her but overall very quiet and no where near as curious or active as my crazy green cheek.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

The fascination with the cage is because he is still unsure of his surroundings. That's where he feels safe. Over time that will change. My guess is the food is also about what he's used to. Keep trying and see how he goes. You can try mixing his fav food with the food you'd like him to eat.

Ellie.
Synth

Post by Synth »

Hello! :D I'm new to IRNs and this forum as well. Your birds are gorgeous!

My little one is around 4 months old, and does the same thing with his cage. He'll come out to sit with us for a while, but he often tries to get back to his cage. He's completely tame, just likes his cage.

Here's to hoping both our little ones open up a bit more soon. :D