Help with cage please

Moderator: Mods

Sully

Help with cage please

Post by Sully »

I am on a limited budget (my wife wants to pay bills :lol: )
So, I was looking into a cage with a stand. Well I found a nice work table I had,so that can be the stand.
Do you think this would be a decent cage?
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... id=prod_cs

I do not really want to order something,I wold rather drive there and pick it up.

Thanks
Sully
mikeb

Re: Help with cage please

Post by mikeb »

you will pay out your **** for a cage from petco or pet smart if you can wait till you have a bird fair in your nearby area you can find that same cage for a whole lot less or something like it if not check on ebay or amazon i'm sure it can be found cheaper and not having to pay taxes will take care of the shipping or better yet get some wire from your local farm supply and make your own cage
Sully

Post by Sully »

If I can find one cheaper I will, do you think that is a good size?
The cage he is in now is 24" x 16" x16" I think that is way to small for him.
I went to a Flea market and there was a pet area the cages there were way to expensive or too beasted.
We may go to another Flea Market this weekend,this one is supposed to have a large selection of bird supplies.
I guess we will see.
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

go to www.debsbirds.com/calender or paradisebirdmarts.com/bird_mart_list.html and you might find a bird show near you but i would mail order 1 go to ebay and search bird cages they have a lot of choices for the same price of cage at petco you can get a bigger cage with stand shipped free item # 400223552941 but look at other choices also cause for a few $ more you can get better, nicer cages
Sully

Post by Sully »

Thank you very much Mike. As I was researching I found a place that sets up at the Flea Market http://www.calipages.com/sites/birdsNca ... s_mk1.html
So My Wife may take me shopping for Father's Day. (since on Mother's Day I spoiled her :wink: )
mikeb

Post by mikeb »

great i'm glad i helped one thing i believe in is the only thing you want to buy from petco , pet smart , or places like them are fish everything else is priced way too high birds are priced way way too high and are poorly kept
Roxanne R

Post by Roxanne R »

Sully wrote:Hello I'm on a budget aswell i went on craiglist and got a $175.00 cage for $50 because the person bird died a year ago and they never brought another bird and the cage was just sitting there .i dont know were you live. I'm in Ft Lauderdale Florida. So try craiglist or the classifield in your city you will be surprise that people just want things out of there house and will sell things for cheao. Good Luck :-)I am on a limited budget (my wife wants to pay bills :lol: )
So, I was looking into a cage with a stand. Well I found a nice work table I had,so that can be the stand.
Do you think this would be a decent cage?
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... id=prod_cs

I do not really want to order something,I wold rather drive there and pick it up.

Thanks
Sully
:)
Melika

Post by Melika »

For me that is a travel/temporary sized cage. But Hane spends a lot of time in his, so perhaps he requires more space.

The general requirement should be that a bird, with the cage outfitted and with toys hanging inside, can flap his wings and turn around without touching any toys or bars of the cage.

Did you find anything at the flea market?
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay