diet help please =] urgent !!!

Moderator: Mods

quite IRN

diet help please =] urgent !!!

Post by quite IRN »

hello

i bought my IRN like 3 weeks ago and the food which was provided with him has finished , and now i have to buy more food.
i feed him fruits and vegetable separately.
i have realised that my IRN only eats the sunflower seeds and barley eats the others which are mixed with the sunflower seeds.
is it ok to just buy the sunflower seeds as his diet ? and remove the other seeds as he barley eats the others ? or do i still have to place it in his diet even tho he barley eats it and is left behind as a remainder usually.

please help me !

thank you ! :D
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
mikeb

Re: diet help please =] urgent !!!

Post by mikeb »

feed it a cockatiel mix with out sunflower seeds or a parakeet mix daily and give it sunflower seeds as a treat several times a week as they contain too much fat to be their only source of seed diet
Azure

Post by Azure »

NO! PLEASE DONT LET HIS DIET BE ALL SUNFLOWER!!! its like chips or fast foods for us, it should make only around 10% of their diet. it can cause rickets (calcium disorder)

to stop him picking out food, just give one type of food only, that way he would have to eat it, so it means that when you get the mix, pick out all the sunflowers and leave the rest, he would have to eat it and now you can use the sunflowers as treats
Azure
Just a "bookworm" (or rather an internetworm?) who has no ringneck(s) but REALLY wants a cobalt or violet
quite IRN

Post by quite IRN »

dam i bought 1 big packet of sunflower seeds, and have fed her sunflower seeds for like 4 hours so far , tomorrow i will go buy new seeds. thank you guys !
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________