New to the site. :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Dawn&Echo

New to the site. :)

Post by Dawn&Echo »

Hey my name is Dawn and i own a beautiful Blue Ringneck. I have called him Echo and he is 7 weeks old... Yesterday he took his first flight , a little bit wobbly and flew into the glass balcony window but he survived, and this morning as i opened his cage he flew straight to where i make his formula.... :lol:
He knows where i prepare his food as he comes to me everytime when he hears me mixing the food...

I have an open air stand which he goes on in the day time when i am at home and when i am at work and for bed time he goes into his cage. I do not want him in his cage all the time...
He is extrememly friendly and loves me, my son and my partner and always sits with us.. one downside that he poops alot.. hmmm. s'pose he has to do it somewhere but normally i can tell when he wants do poop.

As i said he is 7 weeks old and the past few days he hasn't been wanting alot of his formula, i have fresh apple in a bowl on his stand and also some seeds and pellets in the other.. He seems to enjoy chewing the pellets.. Today i will try him with some peas, carrots and sweetcorn...

Well now i will enjoy reading the rest of everyone eleses threads... :)..
imdnt

Re: New to the site. :)

Post by imdnt »

Welcome to the forums Dawn&Echo!!!

You've got a cutie on your hands by the sounds of it!
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi dawn

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a cute little guy there.

I went to "parrot preschool" on Sunday and I learned something there that maybe useful to you. When the instructor first brought his Macaws home he put masking tape on the windows so that the birds could see there was something there. When he felt the birds understood the boundaries of the room he removed it.

Ellie.
imdnt

Post by imdnt »

ellieelectrons wrote:I went to "parrot preschool" on Sunday and I learned something there that maybe useful to you. When the instructor first brought his Macaws home he put masking tape on the windows so that the birds could see there was something there. When he felt the birds understood the boundaries of the room he removed it.
Fantastic tip Ellie! No reason to clip wings anymore for our flock then :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome Dawn and Echo.
:lol: yep, they can be a real pooping machine at times.....about every 10-15 minutes is toilet time. You can actually toilet train birds. One person I know has trained her love bird and he poops on command. Neat trick, hey!? lol
Dawn&Echo

Post by Dawn&Echo »

Awww Thanks guys..and great tip about the masking tape. :)..

Echo now has masterd the flying and lands properly.. he hates being in his cage and sits all day on his parrot stand looking out the window...

He loves to fly around but never poops all over which is gd.. he always flies back to his Stand.. bless...

When i have a shower he likes to waddle in with me and sits there showering... then i hair dry him.. like a baby.. ha ha

Echo is now 8 weeks old and is eating grapes, apple, peas, pellets, rapes, brocoli, carrots and infact just now i was eating a bread stick and he was pecking it out my mouth.. lol.. Echo still likes his Baby Parrot mix though and knows exactly which is his mug that we mix it in and when he wants some he flies to the mug... then i know he is wanting a bit... lol

Echo is Squeeking alot, i think that is normal.. be generally Echo is not that noisy..

I am trying to put pictures up but it wont let me.. :(..
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

I would love to put pictures on here too, but it won't let me either, I think it is at the max for pictures.
imdnt

Post by imdnt »

Try upload your photos to a service like flickr or photobucket and link to them via either the img or URL tag through the "post a reply" option