Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Georgie

Post by Georgie »

Hi, looking forward to learning from all the long termers and meeting the new. I have had my baby about 6 weeks now. He is already 5 years old and came from a rescue. He chose me the day I walked in and we met. He is a beautiful lutino with blue eyes. We are working on trust issues as he was unable to get out of his cage prior to coming to the rescue. He loves to get out on his perch and play with his toys, sings to me and is working on learning. We work together every day and I think both of us has a ball doing it. Nice to meet all of you.
violet

Re: new member

Post by violet »

Welcome Georgie!

You're a special person for rescuing your IRN - What is his name? Do you have any pics for us to see?

xxVi
Tweet Tweet @IamANerdyChick
Melika

Post by Melika »

Welcome. Your IRN is one lucky bird. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Georgie

Post by Georgie »

Thanks, actually though, I am the lucky one. He is such a highlight in my life. He chose me long before I knew I was even going to get a bird. He is so special. We learn something new about each other every day. His name was George but I liked Georgie better, so when I asked him one day which he liked better, he chirped at Georgie, so Georgie it became.
Attachments
my baby singing to me
my baby singing to me
George--crop.jpg (4.63 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
Rabit

Post by Rabit »

Awww isnt he just the cutest!
You are both very lucky to have each other.

Good luck with him :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to both Georgies!! :D

What a beautiful man he is. It is great when you are 'chosen' to be a birds companion. Destiny I think. :)

How are things going now? Any updates?
Georgie

Post by Georgie »

Pinkdevil --Thank you! :D We are doing well. He is starting to let me pet him on his head and we have started going to the education programs with the rescue. He has done really well, he is such a show off. He sings and chirps for the kids. I went to get something at one of the shows and walked away from him on his perch, he started yelling for me. He is definitely MY BABY. We are working on talking and today I think he repeated corn, we will see. When he picks up a piece of veggie, fruit or a nut. I say the work to help him learn, we will see how it goes. So far Love you still comes out like whuu whuu (more of a whistle) but keeping on the positive side it will become clear one of these days and he will just start talking. How are things going for you?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Very cool on the progress. Just small steps gives great achievement.

Things are good here, just waiting (impatiently :lol: ) for breeding season to begin again. :roll:
bec

Post by bec »

georgie is beautiful georgie
pink waiting alongside ya here