Hi everyone!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

marietjiedutoit

Hi everyone!

Post by marietjiedutoit »

Hi there, my name is Marietjie, and the name of my beautiful light blue ringneck is Cheeky. I got him/her when he was only 6 weeks old - we are approaching 6 months now! And so far so good!

Cheeky is my first parakeet/parrot and I love it! So far he/she started mimicking me saying 'hm?' Usually when he is quiet, or babling I would say 'why are you so quiet Cheeky-boo, hmm?' or 'what are you telling me hmm Cheeky-boo?' - and that obviously made an impression on him/her?

He has quite a temper/is quite moody - some days I can barely put my hands in the cage to lift him out without being bitten, other days he can't wait for me to scratch his head and sitting with me.

I will post a pic as soon as possible!
pinkdevil

Re: Hi everyone!

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome Marietjie. Cheeky sounds very adorable. Don't worry, most birds seem to go through the leave me be stage. Just like us, they have their good and bad days. :)

Can't wait to see pics of Cheeky. Sounds like a lovely colour. So many colours in ringies, very hard to choose or stop at just one! :roll: