New Member Hello

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

jess673

New Member Hello

Post by jess673 »

Hello All,

I have visited this forum for information when researching about my ringies and have found a wealth of information here. I have always owned a bird throughout life, but truly enjoy our Ringnecks! We have two males, a grey and a lutino, that do well with our children. We always have our eyes open for 2 blue males to add to the family too!

Looking forward to sharing and learning from others who understand this great bird's personality and tendencies!

Hopefully their pics came out good below.
Attachments
One of our Ringies Tree
One of our Ringies Tree
our-ringies-tree.jpg (220 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Our Ringies2
Our Ringies2
our-ringies2.jpg (221.08 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Our Ringies
Our Ringies
our-ringies.jpg (229.75 KiB) Viewed 939 times
ellieelectrons

Re: New Member Hello

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi

Beautiful birds! Thanks for sharing.

I love the tree too. You said, "one of their trees". How many do you have? It's way cool. What sort of tree is it?

Welcome to the forum.

Ellie.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome jess673.
Your boys are beautiful.
That is a great tree stand you have there. Did you build that yourself?
jess673

Post by jess673 »

ellieelectrons wrote:Hi

Beautiful birds! Thanks for sharing.

I love the tree too. You said, "one of their trees". How many do you have? It's way cool. What sort of tree is it?

Welcome to the forum.

Ellie.
Hi Ellie, Thanks!

Yes, they have a white Parrot Tower upstairs in the home office and we a smaller table top tree in the same room as the large one for when our lutino, Albert, gets in one of his anti-social moods and snips a little at our other one. I do not know if it is because he is older and is assuming the "big brother push little brother around" role or if he is frustrated becuase it is breeding season and he does not have a lady friend :? I have not quite figured it out yet, but at those times he goes to the table top stand. I guess you can say it is the "time out" station but he still loves it.

The lady that I bought the tree from said that it was made out of "Iron Wood" specifically for parrots that have a chewing tendency. Our birds love rubbing their beaks and face on it.

Your birds in your avatar are beautiful too!

Thanks again for the welcome!
jess673

Post by jess673 »

pinkdevil wrote:Welcome jess673.
Your boys are beautiful.
That is a great tree stand you have there. Did you build that yourself?
Thanks pinkdevil, your boy in your avatar is a handsome one!

I wish I was crafty enough to build that tree stand. I only screwed in the bottom of the tree to the floor base that it came with :oops: It was a lucky find from a lady that was leaving the country and was selling all bird supplies at a very reasonable cost. Thanks though!
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

jess673 wrote:It was a lucky find from a lady that was leaving the country and was selling all bird supplies at a very reasonable cost. Thanks though!
I wonder what country she was going to? I hope it was Australia! :lol:

Ellie