My Indian Ringneck wont eat any thing but Sunflower seeds..?

Moderator: Mods

My Indian Ringneck wont eat any thing but Sunflower seeds..?

Post by 199411 »

I just recently got a tame indian ringneck and it eats fruits and veggies but i bought a seed mix which has sunflower seeds, corn, small seeds and other stuff but it wont eat any of the other seeds and stuff only sunflower seeds. How do i get it to eat other stuff and why doesnt it eat the other seeds.
ellieelectrons

Re: My Indian Ringneck wont eat any thing but Sunflower seed

Post by ellieelectrons »

Stop giving him sunflower seeds. Don't use that seed mix.... or at least don't buy any more of it when it's gone.

Our vet told us feeding them sunflower seeds is like giving them packets of potato crisps.... they love them.... so of course they'll eat as much as they can of them.

Best wishes!

Ellie.
Melika

Post by Melika »

Like ellie said. When you do buy seed mixes, get safflower mixes instead of sunflower. :)

Sunflower seeds can be used as a treat.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Cloud

Post by Cloud »

I had the same problem at the start, I got him off them by gradually decreasing the amount of sunflower seeds in the seed mix and switched them to being treats instead. Had to sift the sunflower seeds out took awhile it's amazing how much sunflower seed they put in those mixes :evil: