not wanting to come outside cage

Moderator: Mods

courty (:

not wanting to come outside cage

Post by courty (: »

i wasnt sure where to put this question..
okay so it has now been one week and five days since i got Indy, progress is moving very slow now sometimes it even kind of feels like we're moving backwards ):
but my main question is i never seem to be able to get Indy out of her cage lately i don't want to grab her out with a towel or whatever i want her to kind of come out by herself because she wants to explore or see me and the family. she thinks about it and sometimes comes out by herself but thats about it especially lately she won't come out she just sits in the door of her cage and if i try to give her a treat to come out she just freaks out starts trying to fly and hitting anything in her way she also does the same thing if you put your hand anywhere near the cage. once shes out of her cage shes good she sits on my shoulder or close to my face listening to what i say to her and twitching her head but when shes in the cage its kind of like shes not Indy.. i don't know how to get her to come out but i'm scared cause sometimes she won't come out at all even if the door is open all day so i just sit and talk with her instead but i don't want the progress we have made to go to waste. at the pet shop i got her from i got her cheap because she had been their for awhile and didn't get much attention so she had become a bit or a bitter, so i kind of think being in a cage is all shes ever really known, so maybe thats why she doesn't like coming out.. like maybe she feels like its her safe place or something. i dont know, does anyone have any suggestions or any ideas as to why she may do this? is it a common thing at first?
Donna

Re: not wanting to come outside cage

Post by Donna »

Just give her more time. some birds take months to get comfortable with new surroundings, your doing the right thing by letting her come out on her own to explore.

Donna :)
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
courty (:

Re: not wanting to come outside cage

Post by courty (: »

ok thank you (: i just wasn't sure and was getting a bit worried