Can someone help me please !!!

Moderator: Mods

kenny

Can someone help me please !!!

Post by kenny »

i recantly got myself a male to go with my female and the minute my hen saw him she followed him around and he was singing and dancing for her and feeding her with in minutes of meeting now he keeps doing his dance and call and she is offering her self to him he does everthing but getting on top to mate any ideas y hes not doing the final part im so confussed as they av bonded ???????
Donna

Re: Can someone help me please !!!

Post by Donna »

Sounds like u need a nestbox ASAP!

Donna :D
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
kenny

Post by kenny »

they have one but shes not intrested in it
Donna

Post by Donna »

Is their cage in a place in the home with alot of traffic? Breeders like to be left alone,

and what do you have for bedding in the nest box?

In Loving Memory

I miss you both
kenny

Post by kenny »

they are in are front room but they is only ppl in the morning and then a couple of hours at tea time and im there most of the day but i just watch telly and she as shaving in the box but she not been in it the male keeps looking at the hole but thats it ... he dance and and all the rest and she gets down with her eyes dilated like ive seen on some vids but he just dont get on top it his is first contact with another bird but im dont know what to do i want to tame him but he show too much intrest in her but there just not doing any thing is there any thing i can do to help
Donna

Post by Donna »

I don't understand what u want :roll: Do you want them to breed or do you want them as pets. I don't really feel your really ready for breeding them. It's a big responsability when the babies do start to come. Seperate them if you want to tame them.

In Loving Memory

I miss you both
kenny

Post by kenny »

i want them to breed as i want a baby to hand rear and keep that as only ad contact with me
Donna

Post by Donna »

there is really nothing more you can do to make them breed. Some birds bond with each other and never produce chicks others do very well. Just leave it up to mother nature now. What u should do now is learn everything you can about careing for the chicks and handfeeding. There is alot to learn and now is a good time to start before the babies get here.

Good Luck
Donna
In Loving Memory

I miss you both
kenny

Post by kenny »

thanks for the advise fingers crossed
kenny

Post by kenny »

well look like im in for some babies after all they have been mating for the last two day and now the in the nest box all the time banging about
oldguy

Post by oldguy »

I've given a great deal of thought to the issues you are raising. I need to say upfront that I think it is unethical to breed birds for lives in cages. No cage is big enough for ANY bird. That said, consider that their primary relationship should be with each other, not with you. Every animal, including the human animal, has a right to at least one friend of its own kind. I'm sure you'll agree with me, if you give it a little thought.

Some people will tell you that if they have each other, then neither will be your friend and that is just patently incorrect. As an aside, let me advise you not to use the birds in place of people in your life. It's unfair to you and to them.

If you nurture their relationship with each other and provide for them all the material and intangible things that they would have if living free in nature, then they will both be your friends. Careful hand feeding, never negative voice or act from you, speaking softly and giving them your respect: they will both be your friends.

Just remember, their primary relationships should be with each other.
kenny

Post by kenny »

ive no intension ov letting the bird only av contact with me thats not what i ment by having a baby just ment one that as not been moved from piler to post so i av a bond with the bird and it will av a mate wen or if i get my baby i will get him a friend i wouldnt keep em alone i prefer to have a pair and my birds maybe in cages but they only go in them at night or if i go out apart from that they av the whole house to do what they want i dont like keeping them cage i would never get a bird just to keep in a cage
oldguy

Post by oldguy »

Sounds like you DO have a good sense of their welfare. Good for you. and thank you for that.