Hi From Malta

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

yanika

Hi From Malta

Post by yanika »

Hi I am Yanika from Malta,

I am so happy to be in this forum with you all :) its interesting to learn new things about these amazing parrots..

I have 2 Ringnecks, a green male (named 'Pipo') he is 2 years old now.. We brought him at home when he was 1 year old, because we were talking to a friend of ours and he was telling us that he has a ringneck but doesnt have time for it, he was in cage with no attention. He told us if we know someone to take the bird and we decided to take him at home.. At first he was very aggressive with everyone.. but than i started taking him out of the cage every single day and now he is like my baby, he dance, talk, he is a very intelligent parrot, but sometimes he is still naughty and tries to bite :(

And a yellow one (named 'Cutie') which i am still not sure if it is a male or female. This one was a present from my boyfriend.. when he brought her home she was still without feathers.. she was so cute so I named her cutie :) now she is about 1 year old. She doesnt let anyone take her from me when she is on my shoulder.. she just started saying 'hello' and saying 'pipo'.

Pipo is crazy about this one.. every where i go with her he comes, thats why i am thinking she is a female. she doesnt have any signs of the ring yet.

My boyfriend has a blue one which is one month smaller that Cutie. He is already showing the ring. He is named ('Rockey').
He is also an intelligent bird.. he makes the noise of the car alarm and started to say 'whats up rockey'..

I am posting some picture of them :)

From the pictures do you think cutie is a male or female?

Yanika.
Attachments
This is cutie and pipo
This is cutie and pipo
In this one rockey and cutie are still small about 4- 5 months.
In this one rockey and cutie are still small about 4- 5 months.
Melika

Re: Hi From Malta

Post by Melika »

I can't say what sex he/she is. But welcome to the board, what a colourful IRN family you have!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi yanika.

Nice collection of birds you have there. A few more colours and you will have all the colours of the rainbow. :lol: :wink:

Ringies are so cute when they talk.
yanika

Post by yanika »

yes they are! Pipo talks a lot he also calls cutie :)
I am still curious to see if she is male or female