why does he scream??

Moderator: Mods

delboy

why does he scream??

Post by delboy »

ours birds get lots of play an lots of sleep being put to roost at around 5pm an uncoverd at 830am but some nites ronnie screams his distress call around 11pm -12pm they are covered with there blanket an i read somewhere no douht on ere that ringeys are prone to nightmares an dont like total darkness they are family pets so they are in the lounge or the front room to u brits but were not a loud lot can anyone shine a light on it veiws plz all mine delboy :lol:
Noelle99

Re: why does he scream??

Post by Noelle99 »

he is a ringneck they all call
SkyesMom

Post by SkyesMom »

Try putting him to bed later? Just a suggestion. We put Skye to bed between 8 and 9 and she sleeps all night long. Well, I can hear her shuffling around in there sometimes during the night, but she does it quietly. :)
Dana
delboy

Post by delboy »

yeah thanks peps think im gonna try covering a little later. but i always thought that birds should roost when the sun gos down to avoid crankyness my farthers breed birds for years an ive watched him put em all away at dust to roost but its avairy. so thought dito in doors. an i can hear my 2 moving about under there but it is always ronnie that does it an il tell u something it shits the life out of me when he does it :o but wouldnt swap 4 da world!!.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I tend to put mine to bed when the sun goes down. In summer I only half cover their cage but in winter I cover most of their cage.

In summer, sometimes if we are eating dinner near them it will disturb them and they'll come down to see what we're up to... other than that, they tend to sleep pretty soundly.

They usually don't make much sound in the mornings until they hear we are up and about.... and then they get really noisy!

Ellie.
delboy

Post by delboy »

jus thought id tell u people how ive managed to stop the screaming. I had like a plonker :oops: 1 big blanket that covered all 3 cages with all 3 birds but worked out that reg n ron roosted more or less next to each other at nite so i got me another blanket an cover separatly which seems to ave done the trick an more quite in mornin now to so all good :lol:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Sounds like it worked! My 2 put themselves to bed (in separate cages) at sundown, they will swap cages every other night for something different haha, I usually just have to shut the doors on them. Although my male seems to be a bit of a rebel lately. I have not heard they are prone to night frights but I have covered them in the past and my male seems to get frights and fall of his perch if I cover him. He used to get frights as a baby too this was when we had cockatiels who were very prone to frights. But my female has never had a fright. They never make a noise at night unless something startles them like a strong thunder storm but then my male loves loud rumbly sounds like engines and thunder and starts his 'mating calls' .. not great at 2am haha.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

lol
lauren i can just see jibby doing that!!!!!
riku does the mating dance when he hears motorbikes!!!!