Proud new owner of a IRN

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

MilosDad

Proud new owner of a IRN

Post by MilosDad »

Greetings everyone! My name is Brian. :)

What a pleasure it is to be a new member of this forum. I've owned my IRN 'Milo' for about a month now, and have found many of the threads here extremely helpful.

Just as a little back story:

Milo's hatch date was March 11th, 2008. I saw her at a pet store here in Canada and found myself visiting the store every day for several weeks getting to know her. After much deliberation, I realized that I was going to bring her home. She's been with me for nearly a month, and I've grown very attached. I'll post some images for everyone to see!

Being an old(er) bird, I knew it would take some time to train and tame her. I can sense (in the same way I'm sure all bird owners know) that she is slowly getting comfortable with me. She doesn't bite me as often, and will sit on my shoulder now without screeching and trying to flap away! Her favorite treat is Red peppers. I can't really pet her yet, and she doesn't like to step up when she's in/on her cage, but I know that patience is everything.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here, and sharing more of my stories.

Now on to the pics!
Attachments
6.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
racheljean10

Re: Proud new owner of a IRN

Post by racheljean10 »

Congratulations on your new(ish) baby! She is gorgeous! :) These forums are extremely helpful - I don't think new/prospective IRN parents could be any luckier. I look forward to reading more about Milo! What a cutie!
-Rachel (:
Rockie (Calico Macaw)
Snakey (Columbian Boa)
Olie (Clear Cap Lacewing IRN)
Grizzly and Rex (Kitties)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello and welcome.

Milo is a gorgeous birdy.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Brian

Welcome! What a beautiful bird!

Keep in mind that not all birds like to be pet. Of our two, only one likes to be pet (and only when she's in the mood for it).... I haven't completely given up on the second yet, but it's not looking too promising.

I once read an article on petting birds in the Parrot Society's magazine... must dredge it out and submit a summary soon.

Good luck!

Ellie.