What colour is this?

Moderator: Mods

SCB -SA

What colour is this?

Post by SCB -SA »

My bus when she was little, what colour does it look like she will turn out? She was all pink and naked when i got her, but here is when her pins started opening.... :mrgreen:
dog_glenn123

Re: What colour is this?

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Photos are a bit dark.

But maybe an emerald(aqua).
Or dark factor green.
What are the parents of this baby? Colours and splits.

Ta Glenn
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Hi, sorry thats the best photos i could get, need a new camera.

Parents were both normal blue, or looked normal at least, i dont know if they were split to anything.

Baby is grown up now, and just finished his first moult, and he is mostly normal blue, but has that greeney colour you can see at the tip of his pin feathers on his wings. Is it normal? Is he just plain blue or possibly spilt to something?
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

There are alot of varients in the blue i have 2 and they dont look anything like each other!

One is normal blue and the other has more of an aqua look about it.

Is it normal or not? i would wait and see after a moult or two, it may just be a type os suffusion.

Thanks Glenn
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi SCB-SA;

Could you post a pic of your adult bird with open wings?

Recio
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

I have tried but my camera is terribly, he comes out looking grey instead of blue at all... but most of his wing is normal blue, and towards the tips it goes the colour shown in the pin feathers and then dark...? dont know if that helps, and as i say he has just moulted, and still has the greeney colour....
Gemma

Post by Gemma »

SCB -SA wrote:Baby is grown up now, and just finished his first moult, and he is mostly normal blue, but has that greeney colour you can see at the tip of his pin feathers on his wings. Is it normal? Is he just plain blue or possibly spilt to something?
my baby looked like that too when i got him, i got him when he was a little pink thing and then when his feathers started showing he looked that colour. now he is just blue but his wings have a sort of greenish tinge to them :)
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

they are beautiful, but i was just wondering what colour this is, as i know it is not your normal standard blue bird, as my friend has a blue female and she has normal wings, so was wondering if it meant they are split to something?

Also just wondering anyone can hekp, my friend had just bout a grey baby - but on the top of its head it is olive? could it be split?
Recio

Post by Recio »

SCB -SA wrote:Also just wondering anyone can hekp, my friend had just bout a grey baby - but on the top of its head it is olive? could it be split?
Probably it is a grey turquoise (most probable genetics: SF grey-heterozygous blue turquoise)

Recio
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

hi recio pls go look at the pic in new post - it is called baby split for olive? hopefully you could tell better with the pic.