IRN's I love my babies

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ringneck2004nz

IRN's I love my babies

Post by Ringneck2004nz »

Hello everyone , I am new here , and really only found this site minutes ago. How awsome it is to see a site devoted to my favorite birds. I have two IRN , a Latino ( Kowhai , which means Yellow in New Zealand Maori ) who is still young so am unsure of what sex he/she is , though seeing he/she seems to be going through a molt in which she/he has lost alot of feathers including all tail feathers ( Of Course not all at once , but over a good 4 weeks or so ) , and is growing all beautiful replacements and is showing no signs of a ring , maybe another girl ( Hen ). and Jade who is a beautiful green girl ( hen ) and about two and a half years old. I am looking to buy a male ( Cock bird ) to breed with Jade , and possibly Kowhai ( if she turns out to be a girl ) . Any way I just wante dto say hi every one , and it is good to hear how others love this beautiful breed of bird as much as I.
dianeh

my IRN baby

Post by dianeh »

I have a question for those of you with babies. My baby is just 10 weeks old. He's full of fun and is starting to make noises. One of his noises is a slight noise kind of like a cat meow. He does it when he sees me and sometimes when he's eating. Has anyone else experienced this type of noise? He is my first IRN and I'm not sure when to make of it
Jade

Re: my IRN baby

Post by Jade »

dianeh wrote:I have a question for those of you with babies. My baby is just 10 weeks old. He's full of fun and is starting to make noises. One of his noises is a slight noise kind of like a cat meow. He does it when he sees me and sometimes when he's eating. Has anyone else experienced this type of noise? He is my first IRN and I'm not sure when to make of it

I hand raised two IRN chicks from when they were bald and just getting their pin feathers through. They are only a few months old now (born (Australian) September). When I go to the avery to clean their cage every day, they make those 'mewing' noises and tilt their beaks towards me and their heads back. I think it is something that they would do to their parents to be fed or given attention, even though they can feed themselves. I think its really cute. My other handraised year old IRN has never made those noises, but he has free run of the house and considers himself to be a human, that could be the difference!!
doremon

Post by doremon »

When I got my IRN (8 weeks old), he also did that 'meow' sound. It was so cute. He was sort of begging for food and am wanting attention.

Enjoy while you can because they will not do that after about 12-16 weeks old.

Regards
Doremon