Built Gizmo a T Perch Play Stand IN HALF HOUR

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

Amjaid

Built Gizmo a T Perch Play Stand IN HALF HOUR

Post by Amjaid »

Hi all,

Thought i'd share this with everyone; im always playing and training with Gizmo near his gage and I dont allow him to sit on my hsoulder so when I take him around the house he is always on my hand so I cant really do much with him sitting there. So i though i'd build him a stand that is adjustable in height so I can lower him down below my chest for training and increase height when he is just chilling out.

I used the base of a lamp and chopped the top off with a saw which left a hollow pipe.I then purchased PVC plumping pipes and connectrers which just push into place, you can buy different connectors to build different shapes and sizes and angles and then all i did was insert it into the hollew lamp stand and thats it. The best thing is I can push the pipes out and redesign everytime gizmo needs a change.

I'm building other stands and perches around the house so Gizmo has a place to sit wherever we are. I luve him! The best thing is he watches me while I build the perch and he wont bother me at all, soon as its finished he wants to get on...lol
Attachments
tperch2.jpg
tperch.jpg
ellieelectrons

Re: Built Gizmo a T Perch Play Stand IN HALF HOUR

Post by ellieelectrons »

That's very cool. Well done! Gizmo loks very happy! I wish I was more handy to do things like that... I can't work a saw.

When you make your next one can I suggest you might want to put a tray to catch droppings and seeds... if the tray is positioned appropriately, you could even put some toys on it.

Great job!

Ellie.
Amjaid

Post by Amjaid »

Thanks Ellie,

Your right I definately have to put a tray to catch dropping and seeds, i might even put one on this one and just thinking of a way to put one on. I saw Kash on the forum made one for Kiwi and he put a tray on his one which looks really nice. If I had a spare room next to the living room I would turn the whole room into like a jungle for Gizmo lol

Also i've been trying a new technique to grab gizmo without stressing and its working, its quite time consuming but i've been doing it for the last 4 days and finally today i was able to grab him and hold him in that position for 5 seconds this morning. Soon as I have a break ill fill you in on the process so you might want to try with Janey and charlie, I have asked my sister to try with her IRN and she said its working brilliantly....
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Good job!

Looks like Gizmo is really enjoying being spoilt and having things made for him.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

ellieelectrons wrote:Also i've been trying a new technique to grab gizmo without stressing and its working, its quite time consuming but i've been doing it for the last 4 days and finally today i was able to grab him and hold him in that position for 5 seconds this morning. Soon as I have a break ill fill you in on the process so you might want to try with Janey and charlie, I have asked my sister to try with her IRN and she said its working brilliantly....
Thanks, I look forward to hearing how you do it!

Ellie.
Amjaid

Post by Amjaid »

Thanks Guys,

Ellie i'll post a new topic on this section regarding holding/grabbing gizmo

Thanks,

A