Sings an IRN is warming to you??

Moderator: Mods

Eddie Harris

Sings an IRN is warming to you??

Post by Eddie Harris »

Hey guys I've recently (3 days ago) got 2 Indian ring-necks that are supposed to be 18 month old aviary birds! They are 2 males, and their names are Kazu and Yoshi ^^

I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers as to know when they are warming to me, at the moment, with me sitting pretty close to the cage, they eat, drink and groom themselves and each other. Another thing I've noticed they DO respond to "NOOOOO" for example if one pins its eyes and bites the other I calmly but firmly say "no" and they go back to their previous antics! Another thing I'm noticing is Kazu has started only slightly to mimic "hello" its still a birds sound but it follows the same tones as saying "hello". Was just wondering if there are any specific natural signs i should look out for to show they are becoming more calm with me. If I put my hand INTO the cage (to clean) they still flutter around like mad and if I get up and sit down they pause for a short time and attentively watch what I'm doing! Im getting them a check-up hopefully next Monday to confirm a clean bill of health! Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.