Looking for a replacement bird/companion

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

CraigM

Looking for a replacement bird/companion

Post by CraigM »

Hi, my name is Craig, I live in the northern suburbs of Sydney, and am looking to either adopt or purchase a young Indian Ringneck. I owned a male for nearly 10yrs, he spoke, was very tame, i use to take him everywhere with me, and my son adored him, as did I. Unfortunately I went out after putting him back in his cage after having him inside for several hours, to feed him and give him fresh water etc, and he was curled up in featal position on the bottom of the cage. He was only back in his cage for no longer than 20 mins. Prior to that, he was fine, talking away, whistling,doing all the fun thing like normal. I was absolutely devastated to find him dead. I even tried to revive him etc.. rushed him to the vet, all to no avail. So if there is anyone out there that could help me out please get in touch with me. I would truly look after it with all the love and care required for such a special bird that they are. I am a sole parent, on a sole parents pension, so wouldn't be able to afford the prices that most people ask for these bird breads. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, someone out there help me out!! My contact details are as follows: craigmcintosh@live.com... I am anxiously awaiting a reply from you. Thankyou for your time in reading this. Take care, Craig McIntosh. 15/9/2010
Razsringnecks

Re: Looking for a replacement bird/companion

Post by Razsringnecks »

Hi Craig,

So sad to hear you lost a great mate....Ringneck. He must have been very close to you.
I do hope you come across something here on the site.
I am located in Victoria...If you were closer I may have been able to help you out.

Best a of luck.... :P
pinkdevil

Re: Looking for a replacement bird/companion

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Craig, welcome to the site.

So sad what happened to your little mate :(.
They do make great pets, hey. I have one inside that talks. I did not teach him/her, eaves dropped on me talking to my other bird. lol
Also have a bird in the aviary that taught a few other aviary birds to talk. Some days I hear a chorus of "what are ya doin'?" coming from the aviaries. :lol:

I live about 3 hrs drive from you towards Bathurst/Orange. Shame you are a bit far as I have 2 little bubs that I have just started hand raising.

Good luck in finding another little buddy.