Cheep Cheep Im back!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Cheep Cheep Im back!

Post by Lauren »

:D Hey everyone, Im here with some exciting news. My Jibby and Lola finally have chicks! Not bad for my 10 year old tame (well okay he was tame) hand raised boy who spend much of his life a lone bird! Go Jibby! I am so proud of both of them! Lola is being such a dedicated mummy already with lots of help from daddy Jibby! Wow this year has been amazing, 1st we have our very own human bub and now the birds get to experience parronthood! I feel like a new mother again. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ellieelectrons

Re: Cheep Cheep Im back!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Congrats! This is wonderful. Can we see some pics?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Congrats to all on the new arrivals. :D :D

Bunny had better watch out, could be her turn next! :P
bec

Post by bec »

aaaaawwwww congrates on your grandchicklets!!!!!
cant wait to see pics!!!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx :D Well Im still trying to upload a pic. Not working for some reason. Pics up soon as it lets me! :D Lola wont let me have a look today. Shes on a rampage at everyone today.. even Jibby. :(
Pink, haha Poor buns, might have to get her a buck for my doe! :lol: My bunny is soo in tune with hormones in the house. When I found out I was pregnant she went through her very own phantom pregnancy! :shock:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Well, sad news.. 1 chick has died.. and the last egg hasnt hatched although there is something moving inside? :( So we have 2 plump lil chicks left.
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

aw, so sorry! :O( This does happen 2 first time moms! I have seen it w/ mine too! :roll: Poor thing! :cry:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx Imran, I was a lil sad for the poor bub. But I now know its just a part of nature and well its their 1st time. I expected this to happen at some point. Just only wish I could of helped it. :(
sarahb

Post by sarahb »

Sorry if i sound silly lol haven't really had any experience with bubs but have some eggs on the way. I was just reading this and had me wondering about u guys talking about the egg having something moving but couldn't do anything about it what is the story about that if one of u guys could shed some light for me can u not help a baby out of the egg does this do something bad? or is it not possible to do really curious also is there any reason why it happens ? sorry for all the questions

thanks
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Well, I think an egg that is moving has something trying to get out! haha I am pleased to announce that lil egg that was moving did hatch. So we now have 3! Im not sure what you are asking Sarah. Sorry if I missed your question. Egg that moves: definately fertile and ready to hatch. :wink: If you want to see if the eggs are fertile, you can also 'candle' them, by shining a torch (penlights are good) on them briefly. Just dont move them around too much. If there is a vein you might have some fertile eggs. I have not candled an egg later in the development. Hopefully someone can fill you in there. Here is some links to candling..
http://shilala.homestead.com/candling.html
http://www.avianweb.com/candlingeggs.html

edit: and you can never sound silly here. :wink:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Been watching your babes grow darlin and you are doing such a great job handraising them .. :-) what a great experience for you
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww thanx Angie! They are growing soo fast and I cant believe how much personality they have! and now Im excited I get to keep one.. but you know its been hard to say goodbye to another. :wink: I am still trying to upload to the forum. I know we dont use photobucket here anymore.. thats the only way I can show everyone?