first video of my Kai

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

first video of my Kai

Post by kyria »

Kai has really become part of the family now and is now beginning to learn alot of new things, IRN's certainly do learn fast once they are ready. He is the light of my life. Although the vid could have done with some more light, but it was 9.30pm and in our lounge with a camera vid, so its the best I could do.

Hope the link works ok:-

Getting his hidden treats

http://www.archiescreek.com/kai/100_7549_00.WMV

Kiss for mummy

http://www.archiescreek.com/kai/100_7555_00.WMV

Opening the lid to the treats jar

http://www.archiescreek.com/kai/100_7558_00.WMV

I dont know how Lisa posted a clickable picture on one of her vids of Tiki posted a while ago, I know the html coding for it but not sure about the tags to make it work on the forum :cry:

Anyway Cheers !

Andrea (Angie)
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

awwww awww awwwwww thats all i can say! what a smart lil one you have soooo cute sssssssssssssssssssooooooooooooo cute! he looks egsactly like bella! you will have to come over and get kai to teach bella all these tricks! :lol:
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Love the accent! And the birdie!
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

I also love the accent! That was so cool. The first video I watched four times. How fun! How did you get him to do that?? And how do you post video? Cuz I've got some I'd like to post but don't know how. Loved it! He's gorgeous. Byndi and Remmi don't have a fave treat that they would do anything like that for. What was he going for?? Loved it. Keep em coming!

Jen
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:D Big smiles.

You upload the vid from your computer to a server (your own or a free one you use) the same way you do a picture and simply post the weblink like you would an image .

I wish I knew how to do the clickable picture like Lisa did in the following link, I know the coding but dont know the tags for the message forum.

http://www.indianringneck.com/board/vie ... ight=video

The other vids people have posted made me want to do some of kai, I think its a great way to see just what a ringneck can do and how a ringneck will sound (example, the vid of Tiki talking in the link above), so you can notice better when your bird is making progess. I would love to see other people post more of their birds

And the treat under the little cups idea I got from someone else on the boards, I can't remember but I think it was Neo that posted a video of this, with her bird picking the right cup with the treat.

The treat ? well I noticed that Kai adores melon seeds, he would go for those first and corn on the cob second, so I took them out of his main fruit/vegi bowl and simply dried the melon seeds out as his treat.

That was the first time Kai was allowed on the lounge room table by my husband and he loves it there. So I decided it might be a good table to use as the area for teaching/learning. It was also the first time we showed him where his seed was and it took him literally seconds to work out how to get to them each time. We will have to create something alot ! harder for him next time.

Glad you enjoyed the video, as he makes progess I will certainly post more. He is driving me nuts lately with his chatter, practicing to talk, so I don't think it will be long before I can post video of him talking.

Cheers !
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless