is it mean to

Moderator: Mods

RachelD

is it mean to

Post by RachelD »

take all the babies for handrearing? my pair are good breeders and the lady i got them off said they had 3 clutches last year, now shes sitting on 5 eggs. Im wanting to handrear them will it be mean to take all 5?
julie

Re: is it mean to

Post by julie »

I dont think it is. They will probably double clutch if the nesting box gets left in.
mickpmc

Post by mickpmc »

No, I would not hand-raise them even though you know someone who
does. Your proably shocked :o ; The reason I'm saying this is becuase the female Ringneck
will raise them double as better. Your proably laughing :lol:. I would only raise a Ringneck if it has a
problem like if the mother rejects it :oops: . Also, if they arn't hand-raise, it does take some time and patience but
they become better pets once they have been weaned by there mother :D .
They would know how to crack a seed, know how to fly then you have to hand raise them. Just show them what
they can do; don't just get a bird, hand-raise it then cut its wings. It won't know how to fly, crack a seed making it harder.
Atleast let it know what it can do, just some friendly advice :wink: .
let the birds own mother raise it like a bird, take it home then hand raise it so it knows how to fly and crack a seed :mrgreen: .

-Michael

Milo...Boy...Buddy
Shane7285

Post by Shane7285 »

Michael

I think you may need to learn more about the topic. By handraising a bird, you are doing all those things you describe. The person handraising the bird normally leaves seeds and fruit etc lying around and the bird will eventually start to eat it by itself. As for learning to fly, I think that comes naturally, mine was handraised and can fly, in fact he was flying before he left the breeder.

Also I don't think there is a difference if a bird is hand reared or parent reared as to whether they will make a better pet, it comes down to each bird and how much time the owner spends with that bird.

Regards

Shane
julie

Post by julie »

ROFLMFAO :roll: I think i just wont say anything yet.

Good post Shane.
mickpmc

Post by mickpmc »

Shane7285 wrote:Michael

I think you may need to learn more about the topic. By handraising a bird, you are doing all those things you describe. The person handraising the bird normally leaves seeds and fruit etc lying around and the bird will eventually start to eat it by itself. As for learning to fly, I think that comes naturally, mine was handraised and can fly, in fact he was flying before he left the breeder.

Also I don't think there is a difference if a bird is hand reared or parent reared as to whether they will make a better pet, it comes down to each bird and how much time the owner spends with that bird.

Regards
I guess so. But it just dosn't feel right to be :cry:
Shane

Milo...Boy...Buddy