Baby Ringnecks

Moderator: Mods

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Jeremy,
They are sooooooooo cute! I would take all of them if I could! How fun! Man the prices aren't bad either. Around here those silver and grey babies would go for wwwwwaaaaayyyyyy more than what you're selling them for. Of course I don't know the conversation rate between your $ and ours. So maybe it is comparable. They are gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing. Love it!

Jen
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

neokireina was closest.

It is Blue, Grey, Pastel Blue, Silver.
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

OMG, i love your babies...i want my IRNs to have some already...YEY!!!
tomorrow's my birthday...on the 18th, i'm sooo happy... :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Happy Birthday Jonathan!
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

yeah now i see the faint green tinge on the wing there. but it's hard to tell when blues look all sorts of colours under different camera light.

Oh and the fact our pastel blue hen had like ONE green feather on her head when we got her. Now she's suffused with green but even then she is still very blue. you see some of the cock birds and they are so pretty green and blue mix.
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

Thanx Mikaela, i had such an awesome day today, i just love my birthday...YEY!!! :D and i also love November!!! ok, i'll put up some more pictures of my IRNs, i havent had time, it's getting kinda cold over here, in Texas, the very south, but it usually doesnt last very long. :(
oh yeah, i'll put up some pics of my baby budgies, they just hatched a few days ago, they look so small and fragile :)
Caruso

Post by Caruso »

Happy Birthday Jonathan. hope you had a good birthday. I know I did :D
My Baby :)
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

GUESS WOT I GOT

>.<

Yellow, Green, Fallow Grey Green and Grey Green
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Happy Birthday Jonathan

was it your birthday too Caruso Happy Birthday to you too darlin.

Neo: they are so cute, I hope I can learn enough to one day have a breeding pair and experience the baby ringneck scene.

Andrea (Angie)
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Neo,
Are those your babies?? The ones you've been hand feeding? How cute they are! Good for you guys for being able to take the time to do this. I just think I would be way too afraid to even think about doing anything like that. They are gorgeous! Keep the pictures coming.

Thanks,
Jen
Caruso

Post by Caruso »

kyria wrote:Happy Birthday Jonathan

was it your birthday too Caruso Happy Birthday to you too darlin.

Neo: they are so cute, I hope I can learn enough to one day have a breeding pair and experience the baby ringneck scene.

Andrea (Angie)

No.LOL......Mine was in August :D thanks anyways though :wink: my older sister's was this month though.
My Baby :)
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I got given these. I didnt breed anything this year. But who needs to when I got breeders giving me their birds.

I rocked up to his house for 3 IRN babies I came back with 4 IRN Babies, 1 plucked adult sky blue hen, and 6 baby blue princesses.

YaY now i get to hand feed 11 babies >.<
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Neo,
Why did the breeder give you these babies and the adult? Just wondering. How sweet. What are you going to do with all of them?? Jeepers, do you have time to do all that? Guess you don't have a choice now. Good luck.

Jen
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I'm not sure why I got the princesses. the parents were plucking them so they were taken and the breeder didnt want to hand raise more.

The sky blue adult was given because she plucks her tail and the breeder was getting frustrated with her.

as for the others. he is getting arthritus and cant keep as many. This guy has hundreds of ringnecks and plain colours arent really worth anything anymore

i will make time for them it will be hard but we will get by,. Jay is very supportive and helps feed them,
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

I am handraising 13 babies at the moment.
Don't worry, it gets easier once they get older. The 11 Ringnecks i have used to take 90 minutes to feed, now it only takes 30-40 minutes :D
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Rignecks are sooo much harder to feed.
Princesses are awesome, Set them down on the table, fill em up and put em back. Ringecks are all shy. naah I dont wanna eat.. Hiiiide meee. Ima go walk off the edge of the table. Hrm takes 40 mins to feed them all. And I have to work tomorrow.. hrmm...
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

yey, my birthday was awesome...ok well today i went to Petco...just opened...and they didnt have any IRNs...y dont pet stores have IRNs...down here in the Valley...ummm really south in Texas...they dont have IRNs...i've looked everywhere...and no luck...i feel so lonely :(
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

With Ringnecks, i have found, if you don't touch them while you are feeding them, they will eat a lot quicker and a lot more :wink:
Jade

Post by Jade »

I've always had piggy babies who have no problems feeding! Just look at Chook's photo and you'll see evidence of that!
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

If I dont touch them they do a nose dive off the table, or try to hide themselves somewhere. Two are super timid. The other two will actually look around, they hardly eat anything. Princesses will take your arm off if you put it in there :p
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Here's a silly ? but what are Princesses? I don't know if I've ever heard of them.
Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

Do you group feed the Ringies? I feed 3 at a time and the more timid babies will usually perk up and try and get to the front for a feed.
surferdon

Post by surferdon »

it was my birthday yesterday. I turned 20 on the 20th ha ha. but i spent it studying for two huge exams... but finals are almost here!!! happy b day jon :lol: :!: