what about air purifiers?????

Moderator: Mods

Darlene

what about air purifiers?????

Post by Darlene »

I would like to get an air purifier. But recently I read about a lady who purchased an air purifier that uses an ionizer and it made her parrot sick. She thinks it was the air purifier, becouse it was the only thing she got that was new. Her warning was, NOT to use them. ... So does anyone else use air purifiers that use ionizers? If so, has it made your parrot sick? I have looked all over for a good air purifier that does NOT use an ionizer. But they all do. And does anyone know what an ionizer would have to do with makeing your parrot sick? I think just about all air purifiers come with hepa filters and ionizers. The ionizer helps clean the air. So how could that harm a parrot? :? Has anyone got any info on this? :?: ... Luna's mommie
darkcloudchild

Post by darkcloudchild »

Well, I have an air-purifier that sits right next to my bird's cage. Has been for about 2 years now and it hasn't hurt them at all. Keeps the dusty smell down in our house when we use it.

Here's a link to the one I use.

http://www.filter-queen-defender.com/
Rena
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

We've been using ionic breezes for years and years now with no problem. However, they are the real deal, not imitations. You know, the way too expensive ones?

Hepa filters are best, and don't look for the cheapest thing on the market or you'll end up buying a new one every 3 months.

Athena
Darlene

Post by Darlene »

:) Thanks for your replies and information. you have been very helpful on this subject. The lady who said her bird got sick from useing an ionized air purifier must be on the wrong track for the cause of her birds illness. Her parrot must have been sick before she got the air purifier, becouse birds mask thier illness before they actually act sick. I know the air purifier you are talking about that is expensive. They now come with an O-Zone filter. I would want two for the space I have. About $800.00. OUCH! :shock: But I think it is important. :)
Son21

Re: what about air purifiers?????

Post by Son21 »

Thanks for taking time to help.....