Polly and I

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Polly

Polly and I

Post by Polly »

Hi, my fiance and I got our ringneck (Polly) friday, 25/06/2010... We are not sure if it is a male or female, they say he is 7 months old, got him from a petshop.
He is so beautifull, grey with green. In the beginning he was really scared and did not want to eat, if we get closer he goes crazy. We talk to him all the time. On Saterday morning he made cute sounds. When I go out of the room he makes this loud sound like he is looking for me and when we put the blanket on the cage he comes down and look where we are.

How long will it take for him to get use to us and let us close to him and what must I and must I not do??

Thelma :)
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: Polly and I

Post by ringneck »

Welcome! :) Glad you found your way here as there is so much information about ringnecks on this site! We have a great community with so many WONDERFUL people who contribute.

Start by searching for taming and i am sure you'll find all kinds of information. While searching, take notes and please ask us anything you like.

Start your taming process by letting your little monster settle in for a bit. No need to rush things as your new parrot has many years to go :wink: . Just start by setting up a routine and gently talking to him through the bars. Offer treats in food blows and slowly work towards earning his trust.

Welcome to our little family :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
jean19

Post by jean19 »

hello and welcome !!
the secret with irn and other bird is : patience and perseverance .
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Polly.

Ringies are very motivated by food. You could try eating in front of him. Curiosity gets the better of them and they just have to see what is so tasty. :lol:

Let him work at his own pace though, if you rush it could undo any progress.
Good luck!