AviCalm, Featheriffic, AVIx Booster & AVIx Sunshine Factor

Moderator: Mods

Sunshineusa

AviCalm, Featheriffic, AVIx Booster & AVIx Sunshine Factor

Post by Sunshineusa »

Hi. Has anyone heard of health supplements for birds/parrots (including for Indian Ringnecks) called "AviCalm" and "Featheriffic"? These two are made & sold by a company called "Avitec.com". I'm told that Avicalm helps birds feel calm in order to control aggression, screaming & stressed behavior and feather picking in a stressful or new environment. And I am told that Featheriffic goes well with AviCalm and helps the feathers grow really well and shine.

And has anyone heard of health supplements for birds/parrots (including Indian Ringnecks) called "AVIx Booster" and "AVIx Sunshine Factor"? These two AVIx products are supposedly made from Red Palm Fruit Oil and are supposedly very good for the health and plumage of parrots. These two AVIx products are made by Harrison's, I believe.

Has anyone tried any of these products on their birds/parrots (Indian Ringnecks) & does anyone know if these products are any good? Are they effective? Do they work and produce the positive results they claim? Thank you.
julie

Re: AviCalm, Featheriffic, AVIx Booster & AVIx Sunshine Fact

Post by julie »

I go for fresh fruits and veg over supplements like those mentioned. But if you are unable to get a hold of natural stuff I would use those things.
Sunshineusa

Post by Sunshineusa »

Hello again.:) I give my IRNs fresh veg, fruit, soaked bean mix & zupreem pellets everyday. But one of my IRNs is a bit stressed as he is in a new environment. My Avian Vet suggested that I give him these supplements in addition to his daily menu of fresh veg, fruits, zupreem pellets & soaked bean mix. So, I'm trying to get some info about these supplements from anyone who may have used these items for their IRNs. When I google these supplements, all I get are the same "sales pitch" of how good & effective these supplements are from the manufacturers & bird store websites.:P So, any info from anyone who has used these items for their birds or has experience with these items would be greatly appreciated.:) Thank you.:)
Melika

Post by Melika »

I haven't used any of these products. Though I am thinking that if my avian vet said to try them, I probably would if it got us passed whatever the issue is. Sorry I could not be of more help.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
nil

Post by nil »

hello sunshineusa

Avixbooster and sunshine factor are made from avix, a branch of harrisons company
http://avijan.com/osc_jan/catalog/index ... 7b1e4e012b
http://www.harrisonsbirdfoods.com/products/avix.html

avixbooster is made from red palm fruit and an edible monodiglyceride and can enforce the immune bird system
it is a safe product and may help your new bird
you can use avixbooster directly, or mix with vegetables and fruits.
better is to mix avixbooster with pellets:
warm the avixbooster in hot water (35-40 C) untill be liquid and them mix well 13ml of it with 1 kgr of your pellets.
then store the pellets in refrigerator for max 4 weeks and use the pellets daily as usual.
you can use this mix for a 6-12 months period
have your pellets any colourings?
effekt

Post by effekt »

I just started using AviCalm with my Goffins cockatoo. She's a very skittish bird and everything frightens her, but very sweet and cuddly.

She was screeching almost constantly the first week I brought her home, I think because she was still adjusting to her new home.

I've discovered ways of quieting her down: giving her something to chew on, timing her meal time with her common screeching times,etc.

I also started putting a bit of AviCalm on her food and she is definitely a quieter and calmer bird now. Not sure if that's from one thing or a combination of things but she is definitely more relaxed and is comfortable playing on her cage when I'm not holding her.

Aside from the AviCalm I haven't tried anything else. My IRNs eat a lot of vegetables and they get fruit as a treat, so I don't feel that supplements are necessary for them. My Goffins is a seed junkie and is very stubborn about eating veggies, so I'm working on it slowly. She does seem to enjoy pellets though, so that's a start :mrgreen: