Newbeee

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

tripledeke

Newbeee

Post by tripledeke »

HI people
The names Andrew, an I've gotten my first ringneck like six weeks back, an he's only 6months old when I got him, actually to be truthful he's my second, I had a blue one like 10yrs back for like 90min, I was taking the bus home from the flea market and gotten off and was walking home when I see this beautiful bird fly over my head, I thought "Oh cool, beautiful", than "Oh crap"...

My new little one, wasn't even looking for a house bird, went looking for a breeding partner for my snobby smart arse Red-Rump, they had none an came across a booth selling hand raised birds,
They usually sell the IRN's for $250> but when they went away for holidays the ppl loking after the birds never kept up the hand raising and in turn the two IRN's they had became not vicious but would bite and very hard to contain.

I picked him\her up for $75 and he's become, he's made a place in my heart.

He's like a very lite grey, not even gray. Extremely strong feet, didn't realize how strong these birds were.

I'm slowly learning what to an not to feed them, learning that he think's, If it's on your plate than it's mine, including chocolate, he steals my chocolate, has no problem eating corn or anything else from my mouth, drinking the milk from my cerial, having a go at my coke, gets into everything now,,,,, lol

Love playing, guess you'd call it, got ya nose, beak, he'll struggle back n forth an when he gets out of it he'll bite down on my finger but with barely a bite, soft as hell, an pushing on his beak he'll push back, it's so fun,

But he really don't want to be around my mother, one thing that I've had to teach him and get him comfortable since I take care of mum, an mums timid an not good with him, Oh I forgot to tell you his name, Torque.
We can be playing and even the sound of mum makes him look and bolt, it's actually funny as hell,

Crap this is a long one and thanks for reading, if you got this far.

Chows...
pinkdevil

Re: Newbeee

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi tripledeke.

Sounds like a real character.
Joanie

Re: Newbeee

Post by Joanie »

sounds like you have fast become great friends! they sure do love to eat and will try most anything once.
there is a thread here somewhere on what to feed and not to feed birds and chocolate is definitely on the "do not feed" list. so check it out and learn all the wonderful things he can eat and especially learn those things that are harmful.
hope to see a pic of your buddy soon. i had grey ones too, they were so beautiful!