hello from dorset :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Jebediah

hello from dorset :)

Post by Jebediah »

first and formost i would like to say what a great and informative website this is! with what also seems to be a very active message board :)

having very recently taken one of these beautiful animals into my house (just this weekend) i was wondering if anyone could help me with a couple of questions i have

the parrot is 4 months old, and isnt making any noise yet, and also whenever we go near his cage he goes as far away from us as possible, im sure (hoping) this is just because he is a bit freaked out by his new environment, if thats the case how long do you think it may be before he gets settled and becomes a bit more lively?

any help would be muchly appreciated!

thankyou :)
smallworld

Re: hello from dorset :)

Post by smallworld »

Hi there and welcome to the board.

Congratulations on the little fellow.

This link >http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =2&t=10530
leads to a post in the behavior section of the forum. Alot of people there have asked the same questions you have. So read around and if you still have more questions, we'd be glad to help.

:)
Jebediah

Post by Jebediah »

whoops, didnt see that, i did do a search but didnt see that, many appologies :)

altho when i just post the first post he made his first squawk lol, so signs are slightly promising gunna put him in the living room tonight to see if he gets more used to us then!
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

No worries.

Yes the living room is the best for new birds :)

All the best! Hope to hear from you, as he makes progress!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello and welcome to the little ringneck community.

We all love to brag...err...skite....ummmm.....share :D our bird antics and pics around here.

What have you named your new family member?
Jebediah

Post by Jebediah »

hahaha well its a bit odd, we were stuck for ages, then i was talking to my mum about it, and we are going to glastonbury this year, and i said we could call him eavis, after the man who runs glastonbury micheal eavis, and i think we are going with that!
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Eavis is a really unique name for a bird :D Dont think I've ever met an Avian Eavis before haha