Hi

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ChesterPickle

Hi

Post by ChesterPickle »

Hi everyone!
My names Michele and I live in New Zealand! I own two IRN's one Lutino called Chester who likes to whistle the 'Don't Worry be Happy' tune!:) and my other one is called Pickle, who was an aviary bird but I tamed him and now he is just as friendly as any other hand reared bird! Chester can say a couple of things like
- "Come on Pickle, come here"
- "Where are you going?

etc

Pickles just starting to say Hello :)

This is a really awesome site and I'm glad I signed up.
pinkdevil

Re: Hi

Post by pinkdevil »

Helloooooo ;)

Welcome to the forum!

That would be cool hearing the 'don't worry, be happy' tune being whistled. Don't think I have ever heard a bird whistle that tune before.

Well done on transforming Pickle from an aviary bird to a tame bird. :)
ChesterPickle

Post by ChesterPickle »

Hehe,

yes I played it one day in the car when I took Chester to the vets. And He tried to whistle it then, from then on I whistled it to him and hes caught on pretty well! :) My clever little Chesty...haha
ChesterPickle

Post by ChesterPickle »

and here a picture of me and my birdies..hehe image is a bt low quality but meh. :)

smallworld

Post by smallworld »

HI!!

Welcome to the forum! Thats really cool what you did with your birds. How long have you had Pickles? I've an aviary IRN too. His name is Echo :) Your Chester is a lil genius!
ChesterPickle

Post by ChesterPickle »

Thanks! I've had Pickle for just under a year. I lived with three other people when I got him, and he didn't seem to get used to us at all. Then two months ago I moved out into a new home and within a week he changed and loves to be scratched and hangs out with me and my other bird and even started talking. I couldn't believe it! I also think persistence is key..
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

:lol: :lol: Funny how both birds appear to be posing for the camera!
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

Yes you're right in your assumption. I believe that persistence is the golden key as well. Wow all that in just under a year, hats off! I guess it worked out for you and your birds that you moved out :)

Good Luck and good to have you around the forum!