Our newest addition to our home

Moderator: Mods

Rick_in_PDX

Our newest addition to our home

Post by Rick_in_PDX »

This is who we are going to call "Rosie" she came to us last night, she shares our home with 4 'Tiels, and 3 Quakers..........

3 Quakers ~Wilson~Maddie~Lilly
4'Tiels~Walter~Wanda~Prettybird~Christmass
1 Ringneck ~Rosie

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

welcome to the boards Rick_in_PDX , and welcome to our wonderful and growing family of IRN owners. Congrats on the New addition, she Looks beautiful.

Andrea (Angie)
Rick_in_PDX

Post by Rick_in_PDX »

well after 24 hrs in our home, a wing clipping, a few apple peices and some dry popcorn here is a photo of what my wife has managed to do:
seems that "rosie" is going to be a mommies girl as he doesnt care much for me.
1 Ringneck ~Rosie

Melika

Post by Melika »

They'll do almost anything for apple. :D

Great job. And it's nice to see Rosie find a good "forever home" :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I want to personally thank you for having your baby clipped.

Shut up Neo :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

meow
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

can I ask .. how old is she ? And how did she come into your home ? Just call me sticky beak, just like my bird *wink*

Andrea (Angie)
Rick_in_PDX

Post by Rick_in_PDX »

I was told that she is 2 almost 3. Story goes something like this,
We lost a female Quaker a short wile back, not far from my home is a pet store, I went into that dissaster of a pet store looking for a new toy for Mr Wilson (he was sad over the loss of his cage buddie), wile in there I heard this sound coming from the back, I found a very cute, but terrorfied female QP, I was told " uhhhh We dont know anything about that bird blahh blahh blahhh...... " well the QP has never been handled and if so she was abused along the way...... next to the QP was this IRN,....also in a very bad condition, and had started plucking.... well not knowing anything about the IRN, and knowing about QP's I took the QP home, told my friend about the IRN and he went and got her.......(we have reported the pet store to authorities for animale neglect and abuse BTW).... I told my friend that I really wanted the IRN but was a bit short of funds...... he says "well if you want her I will give her to you".... Folks the bird we got from that store is in a lovely home with two elderly people who have the patients of Jobe.... a week goes by my phone rings "Hey Rick do you have some time to kill?". well after a 2 hr drive we are in front of home he says" go up there knock on the door tell the guy your here for the bird". I did and after seeing what was going on there my heart sank, here was this IRN upstairs in an empty room all alone with a bowl of sewage to drink out of, piss poor food I was told " Yea she stays up here because she can get noisy and her noise upsets my cats (20 of them!) "Uh I kinda forgot to change her water this week.... "CHANGE THE WATER THIS WEEK!!!???? dDamnit Man your suppose to do that a couple times A DAY!"
without asking any more than how old and what sex (I totaly forgot what her name was) I snatched that bird out of there..... two hrs later she was in my home......
I am not really new to birds, (Quakers and 'tiels), my wife and I are setting up our patio into a summer aviary (very nice weather here in Oregon for birds) I am not new to messageboards, (great places for info on most any subject), but in just a few days of being with us Rosie has found a friend, she stole my heart the moment I saw her, but she loves my wife very much, I cannot say enough about the joys of having a bird ANYBIRD, they are just facinating animals. Its doubtfull I will get anouther IRN as I have a soft spot for the Quakers and 'tiels, but shoudl I see a negected or abused African grey or an Alaxandrine.... my home will have to be that much bigger.......lol....... Rick and Kim always root for the underdogs of life.
1 Ringneck ~Rosie

Rick_in_PDX

Post by Rick_in_PDX »

one week to the day of "rosie" being here, here she is looking at herself on monitor2 she is a Mommies girl to be sure but she will tollerate me when mommie steps out of the room
1 Ringneck ~Rosie