female with black ring??

Moderator: Mods

kittybangbang

female with black ring??

Post by kittybangbang »

Hello, my father-in-law passed away and left a few breeding pairs of ringnecks. We have taken them in and are taking care of them, i have read so much about them but one weird thing I have found is it says everywere that only the male has a ring. Well I have a female with one(the male in cage has one also). The reason I know for fact she is a she is when we picked them up few months ago they had 4 babies just starting to hatch.. Would love for someone to explain. I can send pics of them as well. Thanks for any info.
bec

Post by bec »

pics would help
julie

Post by julie »

defiantly pics please.
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Yea.............lets see some pics.
Allie
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Pics would help alot. :D
Melika

Post by Melika »

I know a few female IRNs that have a 'ring' of sorts. It's a dark grey/blackish but isn't as dark or doesn't stand out like the male's. Nor do they have the orange ring or the blue tinge above and below the rings with the phosphorescent green face.

If your female has all those features of the male, then yeah we'd like pics. :shock:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
kittybangbang

Re: female with black ring??

Post by kittybangbang »

Thank you for the replys, I thought i set this up to let me know when I got a reply, but it did not and I just thought about checking it. So I will figure out now how to post a pic..if you know how please tell me..also i have 2 breeding pairs im trying to sell , I have a blue lacewing with a turquoise split lacewing, I have one of their babies and he looks like a rainbow..I will be glad to show pics. and the other pair is cinnamon split to blue with a turquoise cinnamon. Both are proven pairs and beauitful. And like I said before these were my father-in-laws who pased away. Thanks