Introducing IRNs to each other

Moderator: Mods

Lags

Introducing IRNs to each other

Post by Lags »

So we decided to get a friend for or little Puddy. Sha is a female Lutino IRN, about 12 months old now i would say, and we got a male (blue) that is hand tame already.he is about 3-4 months old i would say. The problem is she is being really mean to him, and he is very intimidated by her. She chases him all over the house (they are both clipped, so can't fly) and all over both their cages.
can anyone out there tell me how their birds behaved when they were first introduced, and how long before they settled down, if ever?
U.S Marine

Re: Introducing IRNs to each other

Post by U.S Marine »

Hey lags, i have no experience with two Indian Ringnecks as of yet. But an answer is better then nothing!
It has to been a few days know since you last posted so tell me how Sha and him are doing. The best thing
is TIME for your birds, its normal for your birds to fight for a few days or maybe a week. They will settle down.
I highly doubt this but just incase, always have two cages on board so they can be separated if anything comes
down to a bloody brawl between the two! :lol:
Lags

Post by Lags »

well us marine, they are adjusting slowly. the new bird (male, blue) is very timid, and at first was scared of our (female) lutino ,Puddy. she is quite dominating and doesn't like him getting attention, as is to be expected. Babu (his name) spends most of his time running away from Puddy, which only encourages puddy to chase him i think. but in the last day or two Babu has started to raise his beak at her, but still isn't standing his ground. But he is still only young, and i think as time gets on they will sort it out amongst themselves. although they don't have the perfect relationship just yet, they are alot better then they were a week and a half ago. We have two cages side by side, and they spend every minute that we are home out of their cages. but that way even when we are not home they are close to each other, and when we put them to bed, we just put one cover over their cages so they can still see each other between the bars. Hopefully all this will lead to a very happy pair of birds... Only one way to find out.
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Hey lags i just got my second ringneck.
i tried pairing them up and they fought.
so i can share the experience with you
know, what im gonna do is to let them
see each other daily then wen the time
is right i'll stick em together. My female
is the more aggressive one...
:lol: