New owner!!!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Elivia

New owner!!!

Post by Elivia »

Hi! I am new to this website and have found it to be really helpfull. Me and my partner have just purchased our first indian ringneck! He (we dont know his sex but assume its a he! lol) is so cute! He is blue in colour and is still growing all his feathers. When i can figure out how to attach a photo, i will. I am looking forward to him growing up and getting to know his personality! Have read many funny stories about these birds on this website! We are still learning a lot about our new 'baby', but are enjoying every moment of it! (although we are not to keen on the 'bluffing' phase!!!! lol)
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

Welcome here! Your ringie sounds like such a cutie. Not all ringies will go through bluffing. My two haven't. I hear it's more common in females than males though and my two are boys. Good luck! Can't wait to hear all about your birdie and see some pics!

Edited to add:
How to post pictures: Join a photo hosting website (photobucket, webshots, etc) and upload your pictures there. Then when you have uploaded your pictures, you'll see 3 or 4 different direct link codes for the picture. One is the image code that looks like this: Image (I added spaces after the first Image so you could see what it looks like). Copy and paste that code into your post. I'm on photobucket btw but it doesn't matter what you use. Good luck! I hope I helped!
Elivia

Post by Elivia »

Thanks for the instructions on how to attatch a photo! It was really easy! You can see my 'baby' now! He is so cute, even without all his feathers yet!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Elivia, welcome.

Your baby sure looks cute.

"He" is very young, I am guessing you are still feeding him formula as he doesn't look like he is of weaning age to me.
Elivia

Post by Elivia »

No he is still very young. I am feeding him about every four hours at the moment. I think he is about 3-4 weeks? i was actually reading a few articals on this website the other night and found out that they should not be purchased until they are fully weaned. a bit dissapointed as the owner i got him off did not say anything (and we were so overwhelmed when we got him that i actually forgot to ask his exact age!). He is in goods hands though. We are actually really looking forward in bringing him up and are taking into acount everything there is to know about ringnecks his age and have a great bird vet nearby. I am actually really enjoying learning about this breed :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Yes, unfortunately there are a few people out there who puts $$$ over animal welfare. Lucky that he has gone to a good home who is prepared to do the right thing by him. :)

You will have to keep us updated on his progress and post LOTS of piccies. :D :D :D