Hello from Ohio

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

impala400

Hello from Ohio

Post by impala400 »

Hi,
My name is Yvonne and I currently own 5 birds, 4 parakeets and 1 indian ringneck parakeet. They are named after music composers since my husband and I are both in the music field. Therefore, we have Mozart, Beethoven, Dmitri (Shostakovich), Igor (Stravinsky), and a male IRN, Doisy (pronounced Dwa-zay). The parakeets range from a year to three years and my IRN is 5 months old. I have always been around birds and was really attracted to IRNs because of their size, personalities, and all the great things their owners have to say about them. I hope to learn more about ways to work with and train my ringneck.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome impala and all your birdies. :D

That is a lovely pic and great photo of Doisy there.
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Welcome....
Your IRN, Doisy is the same age as my Zazu.
Allie
LAAnnie

Post by LAAnnie »

Welcome to Ringnecks. Doisy looks just like my Pretty Girl, who has lived with me for five years. They are endlessly amusing and clever birds. The only downside is the painful bite, which is unavoidable once in a while, as they get quite tempermental, especially the females. But just as quickly they get lovey-dovey again and all is well.

Pretty Girl gets lots of freedom, as I work at home and spend a lot of time with her. She was formerly a wild bird, not hand raised, so she needs constant interaction with people in order to stay tame.

They do well with other birds, I guess, as well as dogs & cats. No fear at all. Just be careful, because females are very aggressive when their hormones get going.