Hello new to indian ringnecks and the site!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Ringneck newbi

Hello new to indian ringnecks and the site!

Post by Ringneck newbi »

Hello my name is Edgar. I Purchased what looks like two indian ringnecks from a woman who had enough of them. The male is white and the female is like yellow with white? I hope they are ringnecks! I have a couple of questions thanks.

1) Should i clip there wings? If so will they still be able to get around the house if i let them out of their cage?

2) What diet do they need? The lady gave us half a bag of parrot formula.

3) Can i keep them both in one cage? Its a large bird cage.

4) One more thing! They are shy or scared of me, what should i do for them to bond with me?

If you could give me answers to these questions i appreciate it! Thanks!
:D
bec

Post by bec »

welcome ringneck newbi
in answer to your questions
1:there are alot of reasons both for and against clipping wings
i personally choose against it because of other pets we have (cats)
but others have clipped their wings & still had the mange to maover around fine
2:seeds a good start but they also need plenty of fruit & veges ther is a brilliiant post in diet & housing
keep away from onions mushrooms &avacado (all toxic to birds) look at the list of safe foods & playaround the birds will let you know their favourites
3: if its the cage they have always been in i cant see a problem if they have always been together they would probably want to stay that way
4:give them time. how long have you had them? they need to adjust to a new home &new faces put the cage where they can watch you when your not watching them eg; near computor or where you watch telly they will slowly come around talk to them & give them treats also eat in front of them (if they are out of the cage only bird friendly food as they are likely to try & pilfer it off you) for some reason eating seems to calm them
and might i also add your birds sound beautiful!!! can we see pics? :D
Ringneck newbi

Post by Ringneck newbi »

bec wrote:welcome ringneck newbi
in answer to your questions
1:there are alot of reasons both for and against clipping wings
i personally choose against it because of other pets we have (cats)
but others have clipped their wings & still had the mange to maover around fine
2:seeds a good start but they also need plenty of fruit & veges ther is a brilliiant post in diet & housing
keep away from onions mushrooms &avacado (all toxic to birds) look at the list of safe foods & playaround the birds will let you know their favourites
3: if its the cage they have always been in i cant see a problem if they have always been together they would probably want to stay that way
4:give them time. how long have you had them? they need to adjust to a new home &new faces put the cage where they can watch you when your not watching them eg; near computor or where you watch telly they will slowly come around talk to them & give them treats also eat in front of them (if they are out of the cage only bird friendly food as they are likely to try & pilfer it off you) for some reason eating seems to calm them
and might i also add your birds sound beautiful!!! can we see pics? :D
Thanks for the reply! I appreciate it! You have helped dearly! I have had them since yesturday! Sorry for the pic but its the only way of taking pics for now my camera broke!

julie

Post by julie »

Hi and welcome 8) it looks like you have an albino (white) and creamino (yellow with white).
Ringneck newbi

Post by Ringneck newbi »

julie wrote:Hi and welcome 8) it looks like you have an albino (white) and creamino (yellow with white).
Thanks for the warm welcome! It feels great to be a part of this forum! :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Ringneck newbi, welcome. :D

Very nice birds.
Ringneck newbi

Post by Ringneck newbi »

pinkdevil wrote:Hi Ringneck newbi, welcome. :D

Very nice birds.
Thank you!
SkyBaby

Post by SkyBaby »

welcome here! Gorgeous birdies! Mine are in my siggy. Skye is the turquoise and Anakin is the lutino. Very funny birdies. Can't wait to see more pics.
skittles

pretty!

Post by skittles »

Hello,
You have some beautiful birdies! I have a cinnamon blue, trying to get more pictures here soon, as she is growing and changing color slightly. This is a great site and full of wonderful info! Any time I have a question, I just come here and search!
Skittles and her mommy
Ringneck newbi

Post by Ringneck newbi »

Thank you skybaby and skittles! As soon as i get a camera i will post more pics! Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!
facelessmale

Re: Hello new to indian ringnecks and the site!

Post by facelessmale »

Hi everybody,
I'm Kasa from Malaysia a bird lover. Like to know IRN and hope to get it ASAP. Still looking an info. Is anybody from Malaysia? :D
pinkdevil

Re: Hello new to indian ringnecks and the site!

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Kasa, welcome to the forum as well :)
I am in Australia but I think there are a few people from Malaysia. From all over the globe here. :D