Hello from Aus

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Una

Hello from Aus

Post by Una »

Hello Everyone :D
My name is Una and i live in Australia, Tropical far FAR north Queensland.. really remote and loving it ..
I am a mum to two girls ages (12 and 13) and the better half of my hubby lol .. We have many pets which include 3 guineapigs, 3 dogs and MANY birds which include Dozens of Budgies, 1 Eclectus hen, 1 Sulphur Crested Cockatoo, 1 Short Billed (little) Corella, 3 Eastern Rosellas, 4 Cocatiels, 2 Superb (Barraband) Parakeets, 3 Rainbow Lorikeets and 2 Indian Ringnecks.. i feel like ive forgoten someone .. Oh Mr Bourke our Bourke Parrot ... think thats all..
I also do Wildlife care (i deal with the birds) and i have at the moment Hunni a little baby blue faced honey eater in care..
I joined the forums to gain a little more knowledge on my IRN's mutations and possible outcomes for bubs since they are working the nesting box ..
Here is a vd of Buzz and Poppy .. Buzz is the blue one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24bZWbed ... annel_page
Cheers
Una
Oh also .. sorry about typos .. Im known as Typo Queen lol
Last edited by Una on Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

G'day Typo Queen, aka Una! :wink: :P

You sure have a collection of animals there.

Being a wildlife carer must be so rewarding.

Very cute birdies to. :)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hi there and welcome! Sounds like your living the dream! well my dream anyhoo.. remote far north QLD, wildlife carer for birds, lots a birds, and the family! *jealous* lol.
Hope you find some good info on here.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Una

Post by Una »

:D Thanks for the Welcome's ..
Living the dream yes .. although i have to admit im slightly jealous of you also Lauren.. I was just reading a post in another section about your lil bun Roo.. Why oh Why do they have to be illegal In QLD *sigh lol..
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

They might be illegal in QLD, but I have seen a few "long eared" guineapigs as pets there. :wink:
Una

Post by Una »

haha yeah me too .. Dunno if id wanna risk it.. geez the temptation is strong though LOL ..think ill stick to birds instead .. they seem a safer option (as long as i keep my licences up to date ) hahahaa
bec

Post by bec »

hi una welcome to the site! buzz is beautiful he looks just like my kieron!poppys pretty cute too!
Una

Post by Una »

Thank you for your Welcome :D Buzz is a beautiful lil man.. Im just about pulling my HAIR OUT over here.. trying to upload some pics of them i took today to post in the breeding section but my computer is running SOoooooooo Slow.. ARGHHHH!! lol.. hopefully ill get there.. today sometime lol :roll:
lewi111

Post by lewi111 »

Hi and welcome .Great lookin birdies :) Buzz dont mind a bit of a chat lol
Una

Post by Una »

hahaaa yeah hes pretty silly.. ill say to him .. Buzz, wheres Poppy? .. and he will run over to her .. look right in her face and yell .. POPPY WHERE ARE YOU?!! hahahaaaa .. he also does this lunge peck thing at her and id say Buzz thats not very nice, say sorry.. so now he lunges in, leans back and yells SORRY.. heheheeee .. so funny..
SarahandEco

Post by SarahandEco »

haha wow Una I used to watch your buzz and poppy on youtube when I was looking at ringneck videos (I do that a lot. I know I'm a dork...) they are kinda stars around my house. haha nice to meet you!

Una

Post by Una »

:lol: Hahaaa Sarah thats too cool (and thank you for watching lol) .. nice to meet you too!! :D
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Love your IRN's. BUZZ sounds like a crack up..... Sounds like poppy puts up with a lot. IRN's never cease to amaze me.

Welcome UNA.
Allie