SOOOO NOISY!!

Moderator: Mods

alfie

SOOOO NOISY!!

Post by alfie »

Just wondering if anyones darling IRN are as loud as mine??? He is noisy allllll the time - as soon as i get up in the morning and then all throughout the day. Is there something i can do? Some kind of training or anything? It wouldnt bother me so much but i work from home and im sure my clients dont appreciate the high pitched screams they can hear in the background. haha. He is beautiful and im sure he is just talking to me but how can i get him to cut it down a bit? if at all...
sherry

Post by sherry »

Wow!! I'm worried because my IRN is not as noisy as I heard these birds can be.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

It depends on which bird that is making the noise with mine.

The aviary birds tend to be much louder than my indoor birds. The indoor birds tend to make more of a chatter and warbling noise where the outdoor ones let everybody know that they are there.......LOUDLY!! lol
bec

Post by bec »

mine make alot of noise first thing in the morning and at dusk
other than that they they only yell if they feell they havent been fed enough
mostly they chirp and mutter through they day
Jarryd.c

Post by Jarryd.c »

ive noticed the same with our birds, outside the cockatiels we have get rather loud, but all the inside birds, budgies, cockaitels and the ring neck, do the chatter thing, being loud all day would be a little umm frustrating i can imagine.
food might help a little, but surely the answer couldnt just be shoving food into them
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Having them close by you, within sight is the best thing. Alot of loud calling could simply be them trying to locate their flock. You are the flock and they tend to constantly call to keep in touch with where you are, just what they do in the wild.

Also as you teach them to talk and they begin to mimic you (their new flock) they should calm down and begin the more subtle chatter noises and whistles.

I also feel they are a little like children with no stimulation or interaction. Our fids are much quieter and happier when they get regular play time with us, tires them out. Or even riding around the house on your shoulder or playing on the desk and computer with you is stimulation enough to have them feel more contented. When you put them back into their cage put them back with a favorite treat and they should settle down to a nice nap time afterwards.

Just my experience with my birds.

Another thought

It is also possible they can hear other birds in the distance, or if they can see a cat in the yard etc. You may not hear or see these things but the bird sure does. Ours go nuts when neighbourhood cats prowl through our back yard, we try hard to keep them out, but cat owners have no rules about keeping the damn things locked up. Then at particular times of the day the IRN's about 3 blocks down the street start up (can barely hear them ourselves, but our ringies do)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

alfie

Post by alfie »

Thank you! Its definately not because he cant see me.. i work from home as i said and he is right next to me!! i play with him or have him around me every day - so its definately not that..

Its also not coz hes hungry.. hes fed fresh stuff everyday.. seeds, fruits, fresh water etc.

Its possibly coz he can hear other birds outside but im not so sure.. he just seems to be a very chirpy (screechy) fellow! Im guessing once he starts talking and mimicing it will calm down and perhaps be a little quieter. I dont mind the chatter but just the alarm siren sounds are a little high and loud!!!
sherry

Post by sherry »

My quaker parrot was very loud at first-very loud but once I got him to talk he talks, and chatters and very rarely screams. I think that will help and to give him more to do in the cage. good luck!!