GENETIC PAIRING FOR MY RINGNECKS

Moderator: Mods

smick

GENETIC PAIRING FOR MY RINGNECKS

Post by smick »

:?: G'DAY I'M SMICK . I ALLREADY HAVE ONE BREEDING PR OF LUTINO'S, BOTH FROM LUTINO TO LUTINO PARENTS.
I RECENTLY PURCHASED TWO HENS, ONE IS A SKYBLUE PASTEL WHO WAS BRED FROM A PASTEL BLUE/SPLIT CINNAMON COCK AND A SKYBLUE PASTEL HEN. THE SECOND HEN IS SKYBLUE IN COLOUR BUT HER PARENTS WERE A BLUE COCK AND A VIOLET HEN.
LAST WEEKEND I BOUGHT TWO COCK BIRDS ONE IS A ALBINO, AND THE OTHER IS SKYBLUE- HE'S PARENTS ARE A SKYBLUE LACEWING COCK AND A GREY PASTEL MOTHER.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE BEST PAIRING'S OF THESE BIRDS. I'M ONLY NEW TO BREEDING RINGNECKS FOR COLOUR??
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

You should experiment on your own. It would be much fun. :D
Take down notes, which birds you paired this year & their
results. :)
Coastal-Birds

Colours

Post by Coastal-Birds »

Hi there
Ok now the skyblue hen from the blue cock and violet hen cant be correct.You can only get blue or violet babies unless the cock is split to cinnamon.
Maybe a photo of her could help with the colour of her.
Next is the skyblue lacewing,this bird is so called cant exist.Any cinnamon lacewings for that matter there is no such bird.There are white headed blue cinnamons that look like a lacewing but are very pale blue with the white head but will have white flight feathers and not the normal pattern of a lacewing.
Now a lacewing cant be split to ino nor can the pastel grey hen so the cock bird has to be worked out as it has to be split for ino to produce a albino baby .Now the skyblue cock if that is from same parents that also has be baffled.
Are you able to get photos of the parent cock bird especially to find out what it is .
Cheers