plese help me , i am a new owner..

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

ganesh

plese help me , i am a new owner..

Post by ganesh »

hi, i am from india..today i bought two new irn.. they r cute but i am in a big trouble they have not ate any thing since morning they r just 2 months old as per the shopkeeper and dont even say or murmur any word.. but when ever i come around them both of the irns move to the other side of the cage...
please suggest me any step to be taken to be friends wid them waiting for ur replys.. and please suggest the best bird food for them..
Thomisco7

Post by Thomisco7 »

You Need To Be Patience Toward Them And Keep Food On Your Hand Til They Come To You And Don't Make Fasting Movement And Talk Them That What You Are Doing? Say Hello When You Walk Past Cage Or Come In Room And Say Bye When You Leave. IRN Dont Talk Til About 1 Year Old Or Earlier Also Let Them Out From Cage By Theirself Not Forcing Them Out.

They Eat Mainly Fresh Vegatable or Fruits Also They Can Have Cockatail Seeds But Not Regularly Feed Them Seeds Because It Is Bad Health For Them To Eat Them Regularly.
<3 Sam Already :lol:
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Thomisco7 wrote:You Need To Be Patience Toward Them And Keep Food On Your Hand Til They Come To You And Don't Make Fasting Movement And Talk Them That What You Are Doing? Say Hello When You Walk Past Cage Or Come In Room And Say Bye When You Leave. IRN Dont Talk Til About 1 Year Old Or Earlier Also Let Them Out From Cage By Theirself Not Forcing Them Out.

They Eat Mainly Fresh Vegatable or Fruits Also They Can Have Cockatail Seeds But Not Regularly Feed Them Seeds Because It Is Bad Health For Them To Eat Them Regularly.
Perfectly said by Thomisco7. Do Not Feed Them, Chocolate, Apple seeds, Orange seeds or pits from olives, no beer, no raisins. Good luck & it will take time, maybe months for them to love you.
ganesh

Post by ganesh »

help me out guys i tried out wat u said but thats not working they r still afraid of me and not eatng any thing... pls try and suggest some more ways asap waiting for ur reply..
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Well, lets throw some things out there.
Are they weaned? FULLY..
What were they eating at the shop? (do you have it)
Were they in a smaller cage at the shop? Easier to reach the food maybe)
Can they perch yet?
Take a picture of the set up with the birds so we can see what you have going on. I know we all want to find a solution for you.
Make sure you have the cage/living quarters in a secure location. I mean not in the middle of the room but against a wall or in a corner where they have a couple sides that make them feel totally safe.

example: (I know my bird was really tame but here is something I had to do for like 3 days) The breeder said he was not use to big cages so be sure his food is on the ground or someplace easy for him to get to. I just put the cage together and he hasn't good at crawling around the cage but I could tell by his body language he wanted to get to his food so I had to put him on his food dish every time I say this.

I know you have a different situation so lets see what you have going on.
Tell us exactly what you are trying. I think it would be helpful to let us see what you are dealing with in a picture as soon as you can post it.
I wanna hear that those little birdies are eating and peeping. (my Zazu peeps it's cute)

Hey :idea: What if you try to separate them and see if you cant get some love and feed them that way.

You need to visit them often in a non-threatening way. They are just little so a lot of things can seem aggressive.
Talk in a low calm tone. Like you might to a human baby.
And yes move slow.
I wouldn't even start at them with hands yet. Kinda scary especially if you feel weak and haven't eaten.
Make sure the food is in reach in a shallow bowl for now and take it from there.
Allie
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Isn't this posted twice?
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

U.S Marine wrote:Isn't this posted twice?
Yea.... I think he was trying to get the most views he could.
Allie
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

funny, no hard feelings. Ask as much as you want, but please make sure the same question is posted once.. :D
ganesh

Post by ganesh »

i got it frnds thank u very much.... they r now eating but they r still afraid of me but thats ok... in a matter of time they will definetly start liking me...
CalamariBaby

Post by CalamariBaby »

Good.
Allie
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

ganesh wrote:i got it frnds thank u very much.... they r now eating but they r still afraid of me but thats ok... in a matter of time they will definetly start liking me...
That is what we had said....lols