A welcome to all New Members - Please Read !

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

A welcome to all New Members - Please Read !

Post by kyria »

To all New Members,

Welcome to the family, please introduce yourself so that all members can greet you and get to know you.

There is a wealth of information on this site, including questions and answers of issues that members have had over the years. To access this information simply use the “search” function at the top of the site. Using key, words you can search out information that relates to the issues you are having, offering you links to threads of questions and answers plus the advice and experiences members have shared with each other.

If you cannot find the information you require feel free to ask your own questions by creating a new thread in the area/forum concerned.

All of us adore pictures, and it is a great way to make others more familiar with you and your birds, also to show images of things you may be concerned about with your fid (feathered kid). At the top of the photo forum is a sticky post (posts that remain current) that informs you of how you can share images on the forum.

We hope you enjoy the site and the family here at IndianRingneck.com and again;

Welcome and Enjoy !

The Admin Team.@ IndianRingneck.com
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ringneckman

Hi all

Post by ringneckman »

My name is mark i own an indian ringneck parakeet I also breed cockatiels and budgies I love this site it is great for information on IRNS
Merna

Post by Merna »

I would like to introduce myself and my babies. how do i do that as i am only a learner on the p.c.
Merna

Post by Merna »

hi, my name is Merna and i live in Queensland Australia. I have 2 Lutinos aged just under 1 year old. Their names are NERO and CLEO and they are my babies. I hand raised them from pin feathers and they have now started to talk. They bring me great joy everyday. They are spoilt rotten and have free range of the house as well as a large flight area in my pergola. I will post some photo's when i can work out how.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Merna, welcome :)

Can't wait to see pics of Nero & Cleo. I have lutino IRNs as well.

To post photos you need to have a photohost, something like "photobucket" or "imageshack" for example. Upload your pics there, then copy the URL tag for forums and paste that in here....wella your pics should be able to be seen :)

8)
Ian Mailer

Post by Ian Mailer »

Hi My name is Ian and have had an IRN for 1 year. She has turned out to be a he!!!!! I am looking for info on a health issue. Kims feathers on her head and under her wings have started to come out quite badly. The vet said she is healthy enough but we no our bird. She keeps closing her eyes as if tired and she is lethargic while perching in her cage. At the same time she is still very vocal and chatty. When we let her out she flies around as usual. Any clues as to the problem. She is 19 months oldlook forward to some help
Ian
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi and welcome Ian :)

Depending on where you live, your ringies could be going through a moult.

I have noticed that takes a bit of zapp out of them as they use their energy into new feather growth. :)

8)
clear

Post by clear »

hello my name is les , erin ,and jan its our first time hand feeding any type of birds let alone ringnecks , had an idea of knowing how to do it. so far so good we are up to the first 2 week now.but i eeded some advice what happens next i got onto this site and its told me almost everything i need to know i will be a keen looker from now on .thanks
we try
chele

new to forum

Post by chele »

hi im michele i live on the gold coast qld. i got my first irn pete 3yrs ago , i was given a pair who have just had 5 babies 3weeks old i cant believe how fast they grow.mum & dad are great parents & im doing my best to try to help them so thought id search the web & came up with this great informative site , first time breeder so want to get as much info as possible so thanks for a great forum. michele :)
Carly&Buddy

Post by Carly&Buddy »

Hi Everyone,
I stumbled across this website and found it's got heaps of handy tips on how to look after my Indian Ring Neck. However mine happens to be Blue of which I havn't seen many pictures of other blue IRN's! Anyone else out there with a blue IRN? I have called him buddy (not actually knowing the sex yet) and he is adorable and loves cuddles and plenty of attention. We live in Cairns in North queensland!!
Carly
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Carly&Buddy.

I have 2 blue IRNs. They are going through a moult at the moment and look so scruffy lol poor things :)
Carly&Buddy

Post by Carly&Buddy »

Aww does it happen alot the maulting? And at what age do they do it? My IRN has stopped eating his baby food so we are now trying for peas and corn to get him to eat something, he seems to be devouring his seeds so maybe its time for solids :p
Carly
Sarah-Dane

Post by Sarah-Dane »

Hi all, my name is Sarah-Dane and about 2 months ago i got myself a 1 month old baby ringneck named brandy! unfortunately i dont know much about weaning them although a friend of mine has reared numerous birds and has told me that i must leave food in the cage.... anyone have any help? :lol:
little tiger

Introduce yourself!

Post by little tiger »

Hi all - my name's Tracy and I have a blue IRN named Rhadi as well as three tiels and a greyhound - quite a zoo forming here. I've had Rhadi for about 4 years now and I love her a lot. I'm here cuz we've had a few problems with her hurting her feet - last year she had to spend four-six weeks in a collar because she kept chewing her feet where they were hurt. She just hurt her back toe again, but she seems to be leaving it alone this time. Anyway, it's great to find others who love these unusual birds!
Little Tiger
Mom to IRN Rhadi, tiels Micki, Pixel, and Abby
and Greyhound Cairo
eaglebarr

Post by eaglebarr »

hi all i am new to breeding ringnecks.i have a lutino pair,blue pair split to albino.and violet male. violet darkgreen split to blue female.i have lots of questions i hope this site will help
Lori Soto

Hello..about me.

Post by Lori Soto »

Hello everyone. I have an light blue Indian Ringneck named Amigo. I got him when he was only three months old. He is a love! As he is getting to be two years old, I think it is a female...but I have gotten in the habbit of saying he, and will not change the name. I love my bird and he is spoiled good! When I got him he had been hand fed and eats pellets. I give him seed only about once a week. I would always recommend a hand fed bird. They are very friendly. I love my IRN and he is very entertaining. Have a great day and I am looking forward to reading more about your IRN.
Lori,
Amigo's mom
squeeko

New Member Introduction

Post by squeeko »

Hello my name is Brad. I live in Sydney. I have 6 month old lutino ring neck which I brought down from north queensland with me. I joined this site with the hope of gaining more knowledge about the species and how best to treat them.
Thankyou
Brad
Buttercup..Eeek! Eeek!
R2bbit

Post by R2bbit »

Hi there! My name is Liis and I live in Estonia, a tiny little country located in Europe. I am currently 17 and I'm a girl. I have a normal green-coloured ringneck, male, 13 years of age. His name is Tuti. We got him when he was 4 and he has been with us for 9 years now. My grandmother bought him for me for my 8th birthday. Although he is a little hard to get along with since he is afraid of everyone, I still really love him. :) I hope I'm going to find support and help to make life happier for him, to cure his foot trouble and to get to know more about this species. Oh and also to meet other lovely ringneck owners. ^^ That's why I'm here. Hopefully I am going to have a great time!

Thanks in advance!
wrynsmom

Hi!!! My name is Carolyn!

Post by wrynsmom »

Well, I've got a few birds . . . and my husband (nillasdad) is on here. But, today, I picked up two baby (just weaned) IRNs. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! They are right at two months old. A normal green we named Columbus (he likes to explore) and a green cinnamon we named AJ (she's an apple green cinnamon; APPLE JACKS!). Totally sweet birds.

We got my husbands IRN a little late. She was four or five months old and had not been handled much. She only likes him. 'Nilla is a turquoise palladino. Beautiful bird, but a real snot to the rest of us.

So, we have 3 IRNs, 3 Meyers Parrots, a ton of american parakeets, 2 gopher snakes, 3 cornsnakes, 2 dogs, a cat and a beta fish!
tinkerbelltasha

Post by tinkerbelltasha »

Hi my name is Natasha and I used to own 2 Indian Ringnecks( a male and a female). I owned them while living in Kuwait, but when I returned to the states I had to leave them behind. It's been several years since then. I found this website when I was looking for pictures and such of these beautiful birds. I ended up crying when I listened to the sound clips, cause it brought me back to waking up in the morning listening to them in their cage waking me up. Thank you so much for this website. It brought back a lot of
asulli

Post by asulli »

Hi. I was just adopted by a wonderful Alexandrine which I named Shakti.
When we met yesterday she bit me a couple of times (drawing a bit of blood) but I was steadfast and did not react.....was not as bad as I expected....Shakti, my husband and I drove home (4 hours) and she did really good. This morning I fed her (home made grub) and she really liked it. She oohhed and ahhhed a little bit and made those wonderful baby words.

We did a few step ups (had a toy on my other hand just in case she felt like testing me again) and played peek a boo! She then flew off and that is when we bonded! Shakti flew up to the curtain rod and I think was a bit shocked I told her to step up (had to use a wooden spoon) she did, I brought her down and rescued her from the unknown! From that point on she did not try to bite me (thank goodness) and she let me pet her and scratch her! I was even able to make a tent from a sheet and we played peek a boo for a bit....

This is my first IRN so I did and do not not know what to expect. I am very excited as I thought it would take forever. Wish I could take the day off and be with her! But then I have to work to make sure she gets loads of toys!
Sam O'Grady

Post by Sam O'Grady »

Hi my name is Sam,
I have recently found an abandonded IRN and have bee hand raising it. It was on deaths door when i found it wandering in the road, thirsty and scared. On the vets advice i took it home rather than leave it to an inevitable death (i live in Dubai so it would not last long in the heat) I am now totally in love with him and he is so loving towards me. However he has sudenly decide not to take any more baby parrot formula, i am now worried he is not getting enough food even though i make sure there is always a constant supply of fresh fruit and seed and water. is this normal. I have seen him eating the fruit, am i just over reacting?
This is all new to me any help would be great i just want the best for Merlin.
Sam.
On another note am not sure haow to post messages or questions on this site any help?
Sam
mlamoon

new owner

Post by mlamoon »

hi everyone
i have recently brought a femail irn, i am tld she is about 12 14 months old.
i live in birmingham, uk
wakeq8

Post by wakeq8 »

Hi. Carl and Deb here. We live in Kuwait and we were given a male and a female about 4 years ago. We don't know where they came from or how they came to Kuwait originally. We put a nesting box in their cage and last year Coco laid 3 eggs. They never hatched. Last month she laid 4 eggs and they hatched over the last few days. Don't really know what to do now except let nature guide Coco to feed and raise the chicks. The parents are not tame at all - very frightened any time we go near the cage. Even after over 4 years! So I'm hoping to raise the chicks so they are tame. We can't keep them all - no space in the apartment. But maybe 2! Mate is more afraid than the Coco. Maybe someone knows if its too late to tame them.
Deb & Carl in INQ8
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

Hello new people, ask as many questions as you like. They will be answered!
maloney

Post by maloney »

U.S Marine wrote:Hello new people, ask as many questions as you like. They will be answered!

hi my names toni and ive just got my first irn from a rescue centre i live in scotland

:)
U.S Marine

Post by U.S Marine »

You live in Scotland, that's cool. I always admire the Scots & Irish. :D
maloney

Post by maloney »

yeah scotland is ok apart from the weather lol its pants

we are the only place tht can have 4 seasons in one day lol
ganesh

hi to all, i am from india

Post by ganesh »

today i bought two new irn.. they r cute but i am in a big trouble they have not ate any thing since morning they r just 2 months old as per the shopkeeper and dont even say or murmur any word.. but when ever i come around them both of the irns move to the other side of the cage...
please suggest me any step to be taken to be friends wid them waiting for ur replys..
bec

Post by bec »

maloney wrote:yeah scotland is ok apart from the weather lol its pants

we are the only place tht can have 4 seasons in one day lol
strange they say the same about melbourne......
oh well the beauty of that is if you dont like the weather wait five minutes its bound to change :lol:
Tammy Milligan

Im a Newbie

Post by Tammy Milligan »

hiya i am Tammy i am new to this site . i wish i found this site on a better note though i have post on your lost and found forum . anyways im happy to find this forum
U.S Marine

Re: Im a Newbie

Post by U.S Marine »

Tammy Milligan wrote:hiya i am Tammy i am new to this site . i wish i found this site on a better note though i have post on your lost and found forum . anyways im happy to find this forum
Welcome Tammy. :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hello and welcome! :wink:

Just letting you know I will be locking this. You can start a new thread in this section of the forum, as your introduction. Just makes things easier and people will notice you more if you say hello this way.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year