Alright everybody - YOU ASKED FOR IT - Squeak @ 6 weeks old

Moderator: Mods

ringybaby

Alright everybody - YOU ASKED FOR IT - Squeak @ 6 weeks old

Post by ringybaby »

:lol: LOOK at my baby!!! My how he has grown!!

I AM SO PROUD, everytime I even think of him I cant help but smile
:D

And giving me a kiss with his big red beak!!
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

aww thats just awesome, so cute. He's come so far. Great work
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yay! He is a big boy now. Which got me thinking... is there like a window with newly hatched chicks. Say: If they live to be (Blank) you are pretty much in the clear. Like big fella there, he needs no Mommie with wings, he has all the Mommie he needs.

If that window exists, will someone speak a little about it.

I got my Baby girl at 8 weeks and I love her SO much. Very special bond there. Now with Cheif and Peek-a-Boo, I love them too but more as an appreciation of being blessed with having them.

In no way am I as attached to Peek and Chief as I am Baby and I think it takes a big person to admit that on a forum such as this. I love them all as much but I NEED Baby... there is the difference, moreso than perferring one over the other. By need, I mean she is my friend. She seems to listen and understand. If Im upset, she and all my babies go to play with her toys on the bed. She plays little, gaurds me mostly so the other birdies cant get any love. But the main thing is: She and my kitty know when I am crying/fighting back crying. And in those times, they stay close to me, follow me, try to make me laugh. And it works.

Now, Yall know ALL of my babies gets the same amount of love, care and attention. I dont have to say that but in the case of a new-comer, I wanted to throw that in.

Anyone elese have 'that special bird' they would like to admit too :?: :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

ringybaby

Post by ringybaby »

YEP - Squeak!! He misses me when he is not around me(So hubby has told me)

Hubby took Squeak to work with him last week and he told me that Squeak cried all day, he only stopped crying when he was home with Mummy!! 8)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

The images of squeak new and 10 days are no longer showing up on the old posts so I couldn't use them, but I did my best and used the new pic of the second baby :shock: Anyway , just wanted to say WELL DONE! - squeak is amazing :D and I love watching the little tacker grow up.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Andrea (Angie)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Sure looks like a turq. to me.

What ya'll think?
~ Mikaela Sky

jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Squeak is awesome and once again I'm envious! Thanks for sharing! Keep 'em coming.

Jen
ScarletKnight

aqueak

Post by ScarletKnight »

great picks looks like a soul mate lol. cute birdie.

mikela the answer to your question is yes and no. yes the window exists but it exist as long as as you want to work and to make it exist. and no it doesn't exist if you are willing to work for it. gernerally irn are giving out once they are weaned and younger the better ( if you know hwo to feed) however even older birds can be tamed just matter of finding the nick liek you baby's nick is attention me and jen are different situation. if you wnat me to write an whole article on it i can. let me know but like i said it depends on the bird and your will the stronger of two should prevail sooner or later.
ciao
scarlet
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***
paddyowner

Post by paddyowner »

Your baby ringneck is beautiful! I wish I had the opportunity to see my Lutino, Paddy as a baby, but unfortunately, he was bred in Ireland (I'm in England) and he was sent to us when he was about 10 weeks old, and how he has grown! The blue ringnecks always look gorgeous in my opinion. You should be proud you have raised such a lovely creature. :lol:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Scarlet:

My question was regarding a window after hatching where the bird is considered to be 'out of the woods' as far as making it or not after hatching.

Does that window exist and if so, what age is it?
~ Mikaela Sky

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

The first week is the hardest. So yeah after week 1 you should be in the clear. At week 1 the baby needs the good bacteria fed to it in the first few feeds, and the rehydrating formula, it needs to be the highest temp in the brooder which is like 35-37 degrees celcius. Fairly high humidity, very sterile feeding equipment, all the crop problems can happen, and you cant let it fall on it's back and choke on the food, and the feeds are around every 2 hours apart from night time. .. It gets easier from then on.

Turqouise is a diffusion of green over a blue bird not as in the colour turqouise :P
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Again... thanks hun... that was what I was looking for! May we refer to you as Neo? That is one heck of a nick to remember spelling. I am an attorney, we are well known for not being able to spell or add. We can debate the heck out of something though... just not real bright. HA!

I figured there must be some kind of window. I know when my kittens where born, I caught myself making sure they were still alive for the first few days. I dont know why, just had to, to feel comfortable. I know, you arent suppose to mess with them but god! :oops:
~ Mikaela Sky

Melika

Post by Melika »

Squeak is just too much, lol. You've done a great job. ^^

I do have my favourites, namely Hane (IRN) and Sam, my first budgie/bird. Sam never ever bites and he still makes like to step up from his aviary, lol, though he flies at the last second. But if I clipped him he'd step up for sure. Best birdie ever. Hane I care for very much, but I'm still working with him, lol. Sam is already perfect. ^_~

I care for Killer and Storm too, just in a different way.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

I'm used to Kire if it helps at all. I just put neo in front sometimes if the name is taken or something like that. It's from my first everquest character I named Kireina, which means pretty in japanese cos IMO I chose the prettiest one lol. I dont dodge bullets and I dont chase white rabbits :p

Me and Mister Brooder are getting along fine and I've weaned myself off Mister Coffee long enough to sit at Mister Computer. (sorry bad spaceballs pun). I had a LOT of trouble keeping the chick warm this morning because it was a cold morning. Now I let Mister Brooder do all the work and I just check him every now and then and feed him and change his bedding. I'll post pics later on after I fed his little bubble gut.
ScarletKnight

sorry mikela

Post by ScarletKnight »

sorry add moment didn't realize exactly what you asking. well there are two school of thoughts in this one school is no ( one i believe in whole heartedly as you cna read fromy post, i think imran falls into same category as me ) and the second is yes. The later party beleives in removing the irn before his eyes are open so all he knows is human and relies on us for everything ie first day eyes are open or with a few day. It all depends on the breeder and you.
scarlet
hope that helps you is what you asking me.
***Disclaimer*** the statement above is opinion expressed soley for the purpose of providing educational and guidance to its reader. It does not by any implied meaning offend disrespect anymore. Your understanding is appreciated***