ChaCha's gotta new home...

Moderator: Mods

tzigane

ChaCha's gotta new home...

Post by tzigane »

First, I want to start off saying thank you. Thanks, everyone, for all of the wonderful information that you've provided; including general info and problem specific.

A friend of ours was very interested in our lutino IRN, ChaCha. Everytime he came over he went to see the bird and talk to him. On a recent visit he discovered that ChaCha knew how to talk. Our friend was astounded. So much so that he asked me to take ChaCha out of his cage for a visit. Well, unbelievably the two of them hit it off like they were old buddies. ChaCha didn't even try to give him a testing chomp (which to date no one has escaped)! It seemed that the two of them were meant for each other. Due to some financial difficulties (and his screaming tantrums) it was mentioned to our friend that we were considering selling ChaCha. He said that if we definitely wanted to sell the bird he would take him. I didn't want to do it but the two of them seemed so drawn to each other it was almost a crime not to allow them to be together. Needless to say, ChaCha went to his new home today. :( I miss ChaCha already. Although I know that our friend will spoil him and the fact that he lives alone will mean that he can provide ChaCha with his undivided attention. And I was sure to provide our friend with the address to this site so he could also have access to the great community of people here and their helpful advice.

Even though I no longer have ChaCha, I will continue to be a regular visitor so I can learn all I can and be better educated for my next IRN, which I will be sure to get as soon as we are in better circumstances.

tzigane
doremon

Post by doremon »

Hi Tzigane,

Sad to hear that you have given ChaCha away. I can understand how much you missed him since you have tried so hard to 'cure' his screaming problem.

Hope that he is happy with your friend and that you will find your new IRN in the future.

Regards
Doremon
tzigane

Good news for ChaCha

Post by tzigane »

Just a follow up:
I've been talking to our friend who adopted ChaCha and things are going very well with. Our friend lives in an apartment building and he takes ChaCha everywhere he goes in the building. People stop by his apartment because they hear ChaCha chirping and singing and want to know what kind of bird is making those sounds. Our friend even bought ChaCha a perch for the shower so he can get as wet as he wants (I used to spray him).

They sound very happy together, playing and spending time bonding. It broke my heart to let him go but so far all seems to be working out for everyone's benefit. ChaCha will always hold a special place in my heart, but now so will our friend for taking our birdie in and showing him the love that he so richly deserves.

An interesting aside: our friend informs me that ChaCha has not had one screaming tantrum since they've been together! Amazing, huh?
Have a great day!
tzigane
doremon

Post by doremon »

This is fascinating, isn't it? Makes one wonder whether it just some special bonding between these two or was it the environment that somehow trigger ChaCha to scream??

I think everyone will be glad to hear that his screaming problem somehow has gone away!

Regards
Doremon