drink?

Moderator: Mods

SteveB

drink?

Post by SteveB »

forgive me if i am asking a stupid question,but can our babies drink any thing besides water, ie fruit juice? its just that my numpty has a very varied food diet,but always plain old water.

thanks
birdiebirdiebirdie
Jodie

drinks

Post by Jodie »

Of course they can drink other things besides water. I have a bird that drinks from my cup on my shoulder. It is really cute because sometimes I pull the cup away before he is done. He will run down my arm to say he wants more! I would stay away from caffiene drinks though. I have heard caffiene is toxic. I hope this helps!
tzigane

Other drinks:

Post by tzigane »

I have given my birds some yogurt, usually plain or vanilla, diluted with water. You can't leave it in the cage longer than a couple of hours though because the yogurt will spoil otherwise. They seem to enjoy it. If you're providing water in a dish you can try some other flavours with fruit, but since I use a water bottle I have to used the flavours that don't have anything in them that will clog the nozzle.

Also, the fruit juice is a great idea. Again, be careful of not leaving it too long so that it doesn't spoil.
Have a great day!
tzigane